Affirmative Consent in Post-Secondary Education Act - Political Tracker Polls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:35:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Affirmative Consent in Post-Secondary Education Act - Political Tracker Polls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of this legislative proposal?
Approve

Disapprove

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Affirmative Consent in Post-Secondary Education Act - Political Tracker Polls  (Read 1165 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: April 11, 2015, 12:44:16 AM »

A vile attack on regional rights and common sense practicality. Strongly disapprove.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »

I am trying not to take Lief out of context but no matter how I slice it I cannot find anyway to put rape in the same thought as "isn't a criminal matter" and not be "deeply disturbed".

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 12:05:33 PM »

A college disciplinary hearing is not like a criminal case where a beyond reasonable doubt standard is necessary and appropriate. I'm not sure what you two don't understand about that, it's a pretty basic facet of our legal system.

Obviously if the DA wants to bring sexual assault charges, that would be a criminal matter but that has nothing to do with this bill.

Is the evidence presented to the DA at the end of the hearing? The concern is that it will be buried and like you said priority is getting them out of school, which whilst understandable there was an implication of "out of our hair, no longer our problem".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 12:19:47 AM »

I'm glad to see that the Senate is working on the bill and holding an actual debate on this issue.

As SoIA, I will continue to push officeholders around the country to respond to and be in active in policy areas.  Incidentally, this subject is one where the regions and federal government can collaborate in interesting and productive ways to ensure the best possible solution - a process which I am very keen to have become the norm in Atlasia.

I am so glad to see I am being co-opted on this issue. For years it was me talking to the wall on this inter-gov't interaction.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies