Hillary Heckled in PA: Wall Street Has Her Bought
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:40:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Heckled in PA: Wall Street Has Her Bought
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Heckled in PA: Wall Street Has Her Bought  (Read 905 times)
OwlRhetoric

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2016, 05:49:48 PM »

https://youtu.be/HF4pZiXun2I

Now it's happening to Hillary. I think she handles it pretty well, except for raising her voice a little toward the octave that can get grating.

Who is responsible? I'd bet on bitter Berniebots. Sounds like something they'd chant, plus Trump supporters don't really have a history of disrupting opposing candidates' rallies.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 06:02:18 PM »

Damn looked like Bill was gonna kill them lol.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 06:06:36 PM »

Oh it didn't look that bad at all.
She just ignored the protester, and kept speaking.
Nothing here to really see or get excited about.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 06:06:54 PM »

Lol, who cares. It's like one person...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 06:08:03 PM »

Well, Hillary does get paid 225,000 dollars per speech by her friends on Wall Street, so it likely comes out to 225,000 dollars per hour.

Not bad work if you can get it.

I find it hard to believe that she can actually even relate to working Americans.

How many working Americans get paid 225,000 dollars per hour?
OwlRhetoric

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 06:26:08 PM »

So was it the Bernouts or some other radical group? Anybody know? I guess only the Bernouts should be a concern for her. The bitter ones have the potential to keep crapping up rallies for both candidates the whole way through this election. They truly are Paulbots 2.0.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 06:49:20 PM »

Well, Hillary does get paid 225,000 dollars per speech by her friends on Wall Street, so it likely comes out to 225,000 dollars per hour.

I find it hard to believe that she can actually even relate to working Americans.

Didn't you support Mitt Romney?
OwlRhetoric

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 06:51:02 PM »

To be fair, how many Americans would pass up six figures for an hour long speech, even wealthy ones? I have a hard time imagining easier ways to make so much money, so quickly, than that.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 06:58:32 PM »

Donald Trump is probably one.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 07:26:02 PM »

That sure was a non-issue to me. Hillary kept on going.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »

To be fair, how many Americans would pass up six figures for an hour long speech, even wealthy ones? I have a hard time imagining easier ways to make so much money, so quickly, than that.

This is exactly the problem. I'd rather a candidate fundraise from the citizens and not from big banks in private speeches.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »

This is exactly the problem. I'd rather a candidate fundraise from the citizens and not from big banks in private speeches.
Exactly. I expect my candidates to be able to make decisions I'd have a "hard time" making. That's why they're running for a position of power and I'm not.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 08:46:22 PM »

Never mind that's the low end for speaking fees for a Secretary of State.

Let's do speeches for charity. Let's do everything for free and out of the goodness of our own hearts!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »

But Hillary was a private citizen when she made those speeches. It wasn't for political fundraising.

Also, if anyone can find one instance where she was bought and paid for by Wall Street while in the Senate, I'll eat my shirt.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »

But Hillary was a private citizen when she made those speeches. It wasn't for political fundraising.

Also, if anyone can find one instance where she was bought and paid for by Wall Street while in the Senate, I'll eat my shirt.

It doesn't matter, the degree to which people don't understand the speaking circuit is kind of remarkably willful.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 09:27:57 PM »

Are you telling me that if people from a certain company were giving you hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions and that when you went to these fundraisers every week, you were sitting there having dinner or drinks or whatever and they were talking to you about their priorities and why you need to vote for policy X/Y/Z, that wouldn't influence you at all?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 09:45:48 PM »

Are you telling me that if people from a certain company were giving you hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions and that when you went to these fundraisers every week, you were sitting there having dinner or drinks or whatever and they were talking to you about their priorities and why you need to vote for policy X/Y/Z, that wouldn't influence you at all?

Where's the evidence? People are just placing themselves in that position and projecting.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 10:49:43 PM »

She isn't just a private citizen if she is getting at least $225,000 per an hour speech. She of course has to be transparent since she is an elected official and not just a random citizen (but a Clinton). Also you might need to check into the bankruptcy bill when she was against it before she was for it after she got elected.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 11:32:01 PM »

It might appear to be that way, but look at Hillary's votes in the Senate. She was on committees that tried to regulate big banks. She worked for reigning in their influence. Even so, Wall Street thinks she is more level-headed and moderate than Trump or Bernie and that's why they back her.

Besides, after all the stumping she's been doing about too big to fail banks etc. she is in no position to be influenced by the $$$. She will get called out in a heartbeat if she tries.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies