Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 01:38:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 212133 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 20, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »

Wasn't 'e-commerce' Bushie's college major once upon a time?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:45:59 PM »

Wasn't 'e-commerce' Bushie's college major once upon a time?

Yes, it was, but like King said, it was 10-14 years ago.  E-Commerce is hard to get a job in, so I haven't really kept up with it, to be honest.  This is also why I had to switch to CAD, so I can actually find places to work.

What I'm wondering isn't why you don't have a job in it, but why you're apparently stymied by buying stuff on Amazon.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:42:54 PM »

You're a walking tub of lard and you're only expanding. It doesn't take a doctor to foresee potential heart attacks. This is why you should eat less and exercise more.

I'm not denying what he's saying or what you're saying.  I know I need to change, and I will.

Bushie, unlike a lot of people I actually do believe that you want to change and can't rather than that you're baldly lying through your teeth about it. However, I do have to ask whether you're aware of how threadbare these statements have been coming off for quite some time now.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 05:45:59 AM »

Bushie style morbid obesity is just a few percent of the population in any state. I live in a high fat part of the country, and, I do see people Bushie's size here and there, but it isn't like these folks are a substantial part of the population.

Yes. 5'7" 300 lbs is 47.1 BMI and classified as Class III Super Obesity. Bushie is the 99th percentile of fattest asses in America. He is the 1%.

I'm more or less the same height as Our Dear Friend and he weighs 2.5 times more than me...

I eat junk food on a regular basis and don't exercise much.

I'm eight inches taller, weight somewhere in the area of seventy pounds less, and am slightly overweight and trying to drop another twenty-five.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 06:05:08 PM »

bushie's mouth will be sore tomorrow night.  im sure he will only be able to eat a triple bacon cheeseburger and large ice cream desert from braums.  and there is nothing wrong with that.

And see if Bushie ate okay otherwise there would be nothing wrong with splurging over a two-day period that includes both the Super Bowl and a dentist's appointment. The fact that that's a counterfactual is what seems to not sink in.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »

In fairness to Bushie, the omphalos hypothesis can't actually be disproven. In unfairness to Bushie, that's because even if true it wouldn't in and of itself have any affect on reality as experienced in any meaningful way. Also in unfairness to Bushie, I doubt he's heard of the omphalos hypothesis.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:18 PM »

Is Bushie aware that the Big Bang theory was developed by a priest working in a devoutly Catholic academic environment and was at one time widely criticized among nonreligious physicists for smacking too obviously of theistic cosmogony (although said priest generally disliked and resented attempts by the Vatican to use the theory as a polemical tool)? If he were aware, would he care?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 09:29:42 PM »

I am not answering anymore creation-related questions.

Because you haven't a leg to stand on. The early Church was not unified on whether to understand the Genesis creation narratives as literal or allegorical; St Augustine's argument that it was to be understood allegorically to whatever extent a literal reading would contradict empirical or reasoned facts held sway for many centuries, and quite rightly so.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 10:21:52 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2015, 05:55:33 PM by sex-negative feminist prude »

Bushie, do you think that a belief in literal seven-day creation is necessary to be considered a real Christian? In other words, is it one of those things salvation hangs on?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 09:02:25 PM »

Bushie never answered my question about whether I'm a fake Christian for reading Genesis allegorically.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »

I don't understand why Bushie edited the third sentence of that post. I'lol is much more accurate than I'll.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 07:30:42 PM »

Here's an idea: why doesn't Bushie volunteer at a Christian non-profit: it'll get him out of his apartment and hopefully up and moving, it'll be something he can put on his resume between jobs, and if he might even learn something. For example, if he volunteers at a soup kitchen, he might learn some basic cooking; if he volunteers to help build houses, he might learn how to use tools and do basic home repair, etc. It might also help him make connections with like-minded people that he might be able to leverage into a job later on.

This is a good idea.  Don't you think this is a very good use of your free time, Bushie?  If you want to, as you say, do "God's work on Earth", would this not be a decent idea?

I think that this is a good idea, Jeff. I enjoy doing work like this, and it is spiritually rewarding.

It is a very good idea.  I like doing this kind of stuff, too.  We don't have any soup kitchens, per se, although there are food banks.  Habitat for Humanity, I'm sure takes volunteers.  The only thing stopping me is wanting to devote all day long to the job search, phone calls, and interviews.

But you don't do that, Bushie. There's no possible way to seriously claim that you do that.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »

Smash, the interviewer mentioned $30,000 base salary for those wanting to get in the management track, which I was, so that's where the $30K came from.  The Sales Rep position itself is all commission.

Yes, and do you just get that Management position?? or do you need to perform in the sales rep position first before being promoted to the Management position??

The credit card machine ending up being an apt metaphor use by the writers. Bushie was clearly banking on using his white privilege charge card to ascend above the Negro worker ants and into management without work, but he doesn't realize it's all maxed out and nobody will swipe it.

Now, now there's no need to go onto a racist anecdote here.

What do you think the word 'anecdote' means?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies