Do you support the EU?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:14:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you support the EU?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you support the EU, or if you lived in Europe would you vote to keep you contury in the European Union
Yes

No

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Do you support the EU?  (Read 1620 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 11:38:42 PM »

No, I'm a Eurosceptic. If I lived in an EU country, I would vote for it to leave the EU.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2015, 03:05:26 AM »

No, I've been a staunch Eurosceptic since I was about 19, and I am not a fan of the Eurozone at all. If I lived in a EU member state, I would vote to leave.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:18 AM »

I seem to agree with most in that I'm not the biggest fan of the EU in its present state, but, well, duh. I obviously and wholeheartedly support the project of European integration. I am quite a fan of the four liberties, and would support to see them extended, same as a unification and integration on, well, all fields, as soon as possible.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »

I don't really support the EU in its current form, no. As a currency union it can be truly terrible. As a trading organization that enables free movement and encourages close diplomatic ties, it can be a wonderful thing, though.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »

Very supportive of the EU.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 01:05:13 PM »

Yes I support it, do I think there's element which is wrong and/or problematic about it; sure. But I will to any day defend EU improving the wealth of the average European. Some of you will likely bring up the last few years of economic crisis, but that was a crisis after 15 years of growth. We will likely see similar crisises in the future, but we can also see the much higher growth of the East European countries which entered EU than the ones which stayed outside.

I'm personal of the opinion that what EU delivers which matters most are not the free trade zone, the free movement or general cooperation, all those things are nice. But what I think have matter the most, are that EU have pushed good governance and anti-corruption (even if some members still suffer from it). When I was child, corruption even in western Europe was common at example custom checks, it was common that you need to give a little cash to get through, police extortion of tourist was common. Today these things rarely happen in most EU countries (again there's exceptions).
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 02:23:04 PM »

No, even with longstanding exit doubts and fear of social-chapterless Britain, I'll be voting out & can't really take seriously any social democrat without a hint of Euroscepticism. The last few years have proven conclusively European unity isn't inherently a virtue.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »

Other. I'm never 100% sure. Austerity is no doubt very harmful in the way it's been done in Greece. Also, I sure don't agree with the Eurozone's existence. However, the EU has afforded immense opportunities for trade with smaller nations. I lean soft Eurosceptic.
The Last Northerner

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 06:22:20 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2015, 10:32:05 PM by The Last Northerner »

Absolutely not and would vote to leave in a referendum. The majority of it needs to go, especially the Euro. The loss of monetary, legislative, and fiscal (in some case) sovereignty are tantamount to imperialist occupation. No sane person would see it as a fair or equal union when Germany forced Greece to reject their own referendum so they could force feed more austerity.

My litmus test for what would considered acceptable is who can join. In theory, the intergration for an economic area would be so loose that Turkey, Syria, Switzerland, Ukraine, and Russia can join. What's wrong with Russia joining? Like how the USSR wanted to join NATO. Since the Fourth Reich is dominated by Germany and serves German intrests, Merkle would never allow Russia to challenge German hegenomy.

Edit - maybe not the anti-EU candidates... it depends.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies