Bush takes lead in New York (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 11:48:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bush takes lead in New York (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush takes lead in New York  (Read 3492 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: April 01, 2004, 11:46:07 AM »

According to new numbers released by Quinnipiac and Zogby, Bush now has a narrow lead in New York: 44%-42% in the Quinnipiac poll, 45%-40% in the Zogby.  Meanwhile, Kerry has made great strides in Mississippi, with both polls showing a dead heat at 47% to 46% in favor of Bush.

Links:

http://www.zogby.com/features/features.dbm?ID=210

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x10758.xml
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 12:07:49 PM »

According to new numbers released by Quinnipiac and Zogby, Bush now has a narrow lead in New York: 44%-42% in the Quinnipiac poll, 45%-40% in the Zogby.  Meanwhile, Kerry has made great strides in Mississippi, with both polls showing a dead heat at 47% to 46% in favor of Bush.

Links:

http://www.zogby.com/features/features.dbm?ID=210

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x10758.xml

Date: 1st of April 2004... Grin

Though oddly enough the most recent poll done in Mississippi (in December I think) DID have Bush tied with a generic Democrat... Huh

I thought about something more outlandish, like Bush leading in Mass. and Kerry leading in Wyoming, but this seemed like just enough within the realm of reality to make people do a double-take.

Regarding that Mississippi poll, maybe they still await the return of the Dixiecrats??
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 12:57:11 PM »

Yeah, it was a good one that adhered to one of the fundamental rules of lying: be precise. Smiley

Do you know that at the current rate of population growth, by 2015, a cheeseburger will cost $17.59?  And that every day, more than 14 million men are subjected to sexual harrassment in the workplace?  While in VietNam, John Kerry personally massacred 23 women and children in a village known only as "site 2453."  This is suppressed in the news because Kerry's bunkmate is now a billionaire with a controlling share in all of the major news networks.  Bush fathered no fewer than 9 illegitimate children between 1971 and 1977, whom he continues to bribe to keep them quiet.

Hey, this is easy!
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

There is no way this will hold, but I would trade Mississippi for  New York any day of the week.  Smiley

You've been had!  Nice work beef.  Smiley

Thanks! Smiley
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 05:25:03 PM »

I Think Bush Has a good chance of Carring New York in November Becuse of The GOP Convetion in Late August

Had the election been held on Nov. 2, 2001, Bush would have taken New York handily.

Timing.  It's all about timing.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

And how can a democrat exploit 9-11 HuhHuh that just makes ZERO sense.

Democrats can exploint 9-11 by demonstrating that the Bush administration was more concerned with Cold War relics like missile defense than it was with terrorism, and weren't vigilant to the threat of Al Quieda.  (Ignoring the inconvenient truth that the Clinton administration also failed in this regard.)  They can also point to the fact that OBL is still at large, and that Iraq could devolve into yet another terrorist state, making the world *more* safe for terrorism, and making 9-11s *more* likely to occur.  They could even exploit the 3-11 attacks as evidence that Bush is losing the War on Terror.  (I don't believe that, but that's the strategy I'd use if I were a Democrat advisor.)

Only ONE REASON, why Bush is even popular, and that is 9-11. I guess the terrorist got what they wanted. Someone who will polarize the nation and the world.

Bush is not popular directly because of 9-11.  Bush is popular because of how he handled the situation, and his refusal to back down when the interests of national security were clearly at stake.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies