Your actual party affiliations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:11:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your actual party affiliations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your actual party affiliations  (Read 6910 times)
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« on: October 03, 2014, 10:39:51 PM »

Provincially:
Progressive Conservative (2012-Present)

Federally:
Liberal (2013-Present)

Note: I joined the LPC in 2013 to vote for Marc Garneau in the leadership race (plus I was 17 at the time, so the membership was free).  I forget why I renewed my membership this year, but I will not be renewing again in 2015.  I've been feeling very independent at the federal level lately. 
Njall
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »

Federal:
Liberal (2013-2015)
Conservative (2017-2018)

Both of the above were purchased for leadership elections. I ended up renewing the LPC membership for 2014, but I let it lapse in 2015. Unless something really unforeseen happens, I'll be letting the CPC membership lapse as well. In terms of identification, I tend to personally identify as an Liberal-leaning Independent federally, and I've voted Liberal in both the 2015 election and 2017 by-election.

Provincial:
Progressive Conservative (2012-2017)
Liberal (2017-2018)
Alberta Party (2017-???)
United Conservative (2017-2019?)

Disclaimer: there's really no way to enforce rules about holding cross-party memberships (and in some cases, party constitutions don't even forbid it). The result is that I currently hold three party memberships provincially.

I joined the PC Party on a 3-year membership in 2012, right after the election. During the 2015 PC nomination season, the party decided (for some reason, I forget why) to extend existing and recently-expired memberships by a year, so mine expired in 2016. When it did, I didn't yet see the writing on the wall, so I bought another 3-year membership, which would've lasted until 2019. But, we all know what happened with leaderships and mergers. The terms of the unity agreement say that all existing memberships in the PCs and WRP are automatically carried over to be UCP memberships, so I'm technically a UCP member until 2019 unless I expressly cancel the membership before that.

As for the other party memberships, I bought an ALP membership to vote in their leadership election, but I'll be letting it lapse. After Kenney announced the unity agreement with the WRP, I finally got around to buying an Alberta Party membership. In terms of party identification, I consider myself to be affiliated with the Alberta Party now, but I'll probably be keeping my UCP membership active too until its natural expiration date.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies