Your actual party affiliations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:13:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Your actual party affiliations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your actual party affiliations  (Read 6910 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: October 14, 2014, 11:44:08 PM »

I actually registered to vote in Iowa, but I keep the IL avatar because that's where I was born, that's where my family is, my parents raised me to like IL sports teams, etc.  Anyway, I think I registered to vote in 2010?  I definitely registered as a Republican, and even if a day comes that I don't share a single view with the party, my registration will stay the same (I can't see that day coming anytime soon, but just saying).
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 08:59:52 AM »

Wisconsin doesn't have party affiliation, so none. A part of me likes that and a part of me prefers New York style registration. I am wholly opposed to anything in between.

What is New York's like?  And I prefer partisan regstration of one kind for two very important reasons:

1) If you want to influence a party and make it "less bad" than you constantly bltch about, JOIN IT and help change it; become a part of the voter pool and conversation.  Help redefine what it means to be a Democrat/Republican!

2) MAPSSSSS
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 09:25:13 AM »

I'm gonna start with when I turned 18 (voting age). I've only been able to vote for a few years.

2014-2015: Independent

2015-2016: Republican (Liberal to Libertarianish Republican)

2016-present: Independent

We need ya back! Tongue
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »

^ While I get your frustration, the "populist right" wants people like you and me to leave the GOP.  The only way to ACTUALLY combat that and to lessen their influence and create a political party worth being a proud member of is to have more Republicans like you.

However, everyone is obviously free to do whatever he or she likes!  Just my view on the matter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies