First Research 2000 Indiana poll shows Daniels (R) ahead of Long-Thompson (D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:42:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  First Research 2000 Indiana poll shows Daniels (R) ahead of Long-Thompson (D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Research 2000 Indiana poll shows Daniels (R) ahead of Long-Thompson (D)  (Read 2389 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 20, 2007, 03:14:38 PM »

Is Long-Thompson really the best candidate the Democrats can find here?

How is she not a good candidate?  She's had experience in Congress and in government before and held a swing district until her defeat in the very Republican year of 2002.  Having said that I thought that Tim Roemer might well run. 

How is she not a good candidate?  Because she's lost more races for congress than she's won?  (Four and counting.)  Because she was a mere two-term Rep who served from 1991–1995, well over 12 years ago?  Because the only person genuinely excited about Jill Long Thompson's candidacy is Jill Long Thompson?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:56:21 PM »

Because the only person genuinely excited about Jill Long Thompson's candidacy is Jill Long Thompson?

And me!  And probably Mitch Daniels!

I stand corrected!

Because the only person ^Democrat genuinely excited about Jill Long Thompson's candidacy is Jill Long Thompson?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 04:48:30 PM »

She's going into the Governor's race having lost two consecutive races for lower office.  Please, stay with us!
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 07:25:45 PM »

She's going into the Governor's race having lost two consecutive races for lower office.  Please, stay with us!

OK, she barely lost IN-02 in 2002, which was a down year for Democrats.  Then she lost IN-04(now IN-03) in the 1994 tidal wave and keep in mind that this was a heavily Republican district. 

That's all really immaterial.  She's still got the stink of a habitual loser on her.  And she's still a nobody, having been out of office for over 12 years.  I mean, that's LaRocco level stuff.  And whomever that nobody ex-congressman running for U.S. Senate in Kansas is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies