Experts See Drawbacks to GOP Convention in NY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:35:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Experts See Drawbacks to GOP Convention in NY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Experts See Drawbacks to GOP Convention in NY  (Read 3460 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 14, 2004, 03:00:57 PM »

The Dem convention should be in Indianapolis or Phoenix.
The GOP convention should be in Chicago or Detroit.

why the  GOP in detroit, detroit can't handle it

I chose cities whose metro areas are just on the other side of winnable.  The convention might just give the party the edge to win the area and probably win the state as a result.

There are far more important considerations.  There's no city in New Hampshire, New Mexico, or West Virginia that could handle such a crowd.  I think facilities are the number one consideration, which is why only about 20 cities keep recirculating as the convention sites of choice.  

How about Milwaukee?  Now that Gen-Con's moved to Indianapolis, they have plenty of room...

Tricky.  Is there really a measurable return on the investment of putting the convention in swing states?  I've read that it 'helps' but no one can put forth quantifiable data on it.  I think it's total b.s.  I'd go for a fun place that's exciting and has lots of facilities.  NYC has the added benefit of being full of bitter cynical democrats salivating at the possibility of making asses of themselves on national television.  What an appropriate choice of party mascots they have.

Ground Zero rules!!!

When protesting means looking like an ass we don't have democracy anymore.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies