Describe a non-Jewish young white male Hillary supporter in the primaries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:21:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Describe a non-Jewish young white male Hillary supporter in the primaries
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Describe a non-Jewish young white male Hillary supporter in the primaries  (Read 2512 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 01, 2016, 11:13:41 PM »
« edited: June 01, 2016, 11:16:13 PM by RR1997 »

Describe a non-Jewish and non-Ivy League educated (this part couldn't fit into title) young white male Hillary supporter in the primaries

Go.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 11:15:54 PM »

Law student.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:17:20 PM »

Economics student.
psychprofessor

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:21:27 PM »

gay
i4indyguy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 11:25:08 PM »

Myself... 30, double major in economics and political science, upper middle class family background, raised protestant, now atheist, grew up in a racially and religiously diverse city (Orlando).

I prefer my politicians experienced, extremely smart and well educated, and preferably from the mainline strains of their parties. Practical rather than ideological.

Oh... and emotionally and mentally stable.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 11:27:32 PM »

Myself... 30, double major in economics and political science, upper middle class family background, raised protestant, now atheist, grew up in a racially and religiously diverse city (Orlando).

I prefer my politicians experienced, extremely smart and well educated, and preferably from the mainline strains of their parties. Practical rather than ideological.

Oh... and emotionally and mentally stable.

Hate to break it to you, but you do not qualify as young anymore. You are allowed to drink.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 11:30:03 PM »

Yeah, didn't Clinton do pretty well with gays in the 2008 primary against Obama?  Has that carried over to 2016?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 11:32:41 PM »

Agree with the others.
Educated or well-educated (in other words, not stupid).
Also, a decent level of ethics/morals.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 11:36:40 PM »

This.  Also, coming from a wealthy family.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 11:37:44 PM »

Yeah, didn't Clinton do pretty well with gays in the 2008 primary against Obama?  Has that carried over to 2016?

It has, except among the youngest group (<25), but I would say she still has a huge chunk of that group if it is below a majority.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 11:37:59 PM »

White poor-ish latino
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 11:41:41 PM »

Parents make 200k a year, think they're middle class.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 11:42:05 PM »

Several of my friends, actually.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 11:42:19 PM »

Myself
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 11:43:14 PM »

I was gonna say most of my friends, but most of them are Jewish Tongue Wink
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 11:46:16 PM »

Agree with the others.
Educated or well-educated (in other words, not stupid).
Also, a decent level of ethics/morals.

Roll EyesRoll EyesRoll EyesRoll EyesRoll Eyes
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 11:46:27 PM »

beloved Atlas poster Lief🐋
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 11:56:41 PM »

It has, except among the youngest group (<25), but I would say she still has a huge chunk of that group if it is below a majority.

This forum generally, but seemingly also the Clintonistas on here in particular, is/are way gayer than the general US population.  Not that Atlas is a microcosm for the primary electorate, but it'd be interesting to see some polling - sexual orientation is rarely an item in surveys.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 12:31:09 AM »

This forum generally, but seemingly also the Clintonistas on here in particular, is/are way gayer than the general US population.  Not that Atlas is a microcosm for the primary electorate, but it'd be interesting to see some polling - sexual orientation is rarely an item in surveys.

They don’t usually ask it, but it was included in the 2008 California primary exit poll, which had Clinton 63% Obama 29% among LGBT Dem. primary voters in the state:

http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/#CADEM

I don’t think I’ve seen a similar question in any of the 2016 polls.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 12:35:54 AM »

Can you explain your description of "way gayer" ?
What exactly does this mean ? What makes someone more, way-gayer ?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 12:37:05 AM »

I don't think this forum is an aberration in this instance, the only people I know IRL who are big Clinton supporters are gay or trans.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 12:39:04 AM »

Stop trying to be offended by things. He didn't say individuals were "gayer". He said the forum was gayer. Meaning the percentage of the forum that is gay is higher than the percentage of US that is gay. His meaning was very obvious and if you really couldn't figure it out, you should be embarrassed.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 12:43:55 AM »

Uh, that much more than 2% of men on this forum self-identify as gay (2% is the national avg)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 12:47:19 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2016, 12:54:46 AM by Mr. Morden »

Yeah, didn't Clinton do pretty well with gays in the 2008 primary against Obama?  Has that carried over to 2016?

This forum generally, but seemingly also the Clintonistas on here in particular, is/are way gayer than the general US population.  Not that Atlas is a microcosm for the primary electorate, but it'd be interesting to see some polling - sexual orientation is rarely an item in surveys.

Stop trying to be offended by things. He didn't say individuals were "gayer". He said the forum was gayer. Meaning the percentage of the forum that is gay is higher than the percentage of US that is gay. His meaning was very obvious and if you really couldn't figure it out, you should be embarrassed.

First off, my question was not to you.
Second, I never said I was "offended" (not yet at least ... I need addl info re "way gayer."
Third, the quote says "the Clintonistas on here in particular," so this does mean "individuals" and not necessarily just "the forum."
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 12:50:06 AM »

First off, my question was not to you. So just go f%$k yourself.
Second, I never said I was "offended" (not yet at least ... I need addl info re "way gayer."
Third, the quote says "the Clintonistas on here in particular," so this does mean "individuals" and not necessarily just "the forum."

No, it was not referring to individuals, it was referring to the aggregate of Clinton supporters within the forum, which i would bet (like Democrats generally) has a higher average of men IDing as gay than the national average

I was NOT suggesting that Clinton supporters are more "flamboyant" or something like that
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies