Why didn't the GOP pick Buchanan in 1996? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:59:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why didn't the GOP pick Buchanan in 1996? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why didn't the GOP pick Buchanan in 1996?  (Read 4796 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: January 15, 2016, 10:35:15 AM »

Different time, and. Buchanan could never seem more moderate than he was, a necessary trait of every successful conservative candidate. Plus having the charisma of a garden slug didn't help....

Man, I remember how much I hated Buchanan. The worst thing ever to come out of the ugly side of the Pub drawer in my memory. And then out pop Cruz and Trump, making Pat seem almost genial by comparison. Are we having fun yet in your new party?  Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 11:51:33 AM »

Different time, and. Buchanan could never seem more moderate than he was, a necessary trait of every successful conservative candidate. Plus having the charisma of a garden slug didn't help....

Man, I remember how much I hated Buchanan. The worst thing ever to come out of the ugly side of the Pub drawer in my memory. And then out pop Cruz and Trump, making Pat seem almost genial by comparison. Are we having fun yet in your new party?  Tongue

People like you leaving is WHY people like Cruz have more influence, so it seems bizarre for you to be upset about it if you don't care enough to stick around and be an alternate voice.

It's kind of painful really. Both parties are basically a mess. At this point, I just try to root around, and try to find the few stands of wheat out there, amongst all the chaff. One of those rare strands of wheat out there for me is Paul Ryan by the way. So it's not hopeless, just bleak.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies