Opinions about the JFK Assassination (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:39:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Opinions about the JFK Assassination (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinions about the JFK Assassination  (Read 9570 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: July 02, 2009, 03:45:22 PM »
« edited: July 02, 2009, 03:48:17 PM by GM3, HP »

You history buffs will know better than me, but haven't most, if not nearly all assassins or would-be assassins been loners?   Hinkley and Squeaky Fromme come to mind in recent time.

I realize it doesn't necessarily follow Oswald was a loner, but I can't envision HIM as being stable enough to conspire to steal pencils from a librarian.  He seems more along the lines of Hinkley and Fromme.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 08:24:10 AM »

I don't mean to press on this issue...but do you believe that James Earl Ray is innocent...or just that he was acting on behalf of some "part" of the government or other group?

The later, fixed
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »

You history buffs will know better than me, but haven't most, if not nearly all assassins or would-be assassins been loners?   Hinkley and Squeaky Fromme come to mind in recent time.

I realize it doesn't necessarily follow Oswald was a loner, but I can't envision HIM as being stable enough to conspire to steal pencils from a librarian.  He seems more along the lines of Hinkley and Fromme.

True for the most part.  The only major American assassin I can think of who was part of a much larger plot was John Wilkes Booth.

And even that isn't conclusive, although there were many documented plots to kill Lincoln by certain groups.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies