US House Redistricting: Ohio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:22:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Ohio (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Ohio  (Read 138079 times)
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2013, 10:39:29 PM »

Moving right along, I "solved" the issue of OH-05 going from Columbus to the Ohio River. Tongue

From the map, one can guess which CD gave me the most headaches to draw. So many psephological "walls," so little time. Smiley

CD 7 just looks nasty. What's the redistricting principle there?
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2013, 04:38:59 PM »

It's called gerrymandering Mike. Desperate measures needed to be resorted to, to make it something other than a dummymander, res ipsa loquitur. 

I was taking this preamble as applying to both your first as well as second offerings in this series. Huh

Ohio is set to lose a CD in 2020, and so I prepared a little mappie of what a map at that time might look like, which hews to appropriate non-partisan redistricting principles. I anticipated population changes. Can you guess which CD I projected to grow the most in population, and by a rather substantial amount over the balance of the CD's?  The population range runs from 80,000 over the average population per the 2010 population figures for one CD to 155,000 short for the CD I project will increase in population most robustly.  Obviously, everything is guesstimates.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies