Liberals unpatriotic? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:06:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Liberals unpatriotic? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liberals unpatriotic?  (Read 7750 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: July 05, 2004, 10:19:23 PM »

I would say that MOST liberals are NOT unpatriotic. However, there is absolutely no question that FAR MORE liberals are unpatriotic than conservatives or moderates. Also, liberals are far more likely to be disdainful of the very concept of patriotism.

Patriotism, when overt and audacious, can become ugly.

Not always, but sometimes. Maybe tyou remember that thread about the aussie woman in Florida who went to put out an aussie flag because all the neighbours had american flags and they wouldn't let her?

Liberals may be more likely to be unpatriotic, but conservatives are more likely to be jingoistic and audacious in patriotsm. Not every conservative, but more then the liberals.

All the neighbors did not have american flags. The issue was a zoning rule, plain and simple.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 10:26:46 PM »

My mother is a liberal, and she puts out a flag. I agree with the sentiment that patriotism is good, but too much patriotism can lead to bad things. After all, during WWII the Germans and the Japanese were all extremely patriotic, and look at the crimes commited in the names of those countries. Patriotism has to be earned.

Not to mention the Japanese-Americans and German-Americans, many of whom were patriotic, who were rounded up and sent to 'camps'.

They did that out of concern for national security. We are getting to the point where it's not unwarranted now.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 01:07:53 AM »

Of course waving the flag doesn't prove any persons patriotism because we don't know what they feel in their heart. But waving a flag certainly doesn't make one a dimwit. I fly my flag out of pride for the greatest nation in history.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 03:47:19 PM »

I think you`d find the same hard-left liberals in SF less likely to eat turkey dinners on Thanksgiving.  SF is sort of anti-tradition in a conformist type of way, enough to make them not hang up their flags but not enough to make them hate their country.

Long time no see Lunar!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 11:55:48 AM »

patriatism is dumb.  because of it the goverment can read your emails, IMs,etc.  did you know that because of "patriatism" after 9/11 we affrested hundreds of middle easterns who had nothing to do with 9/11.  were could break the 5th and 6th amendments (they just sat in jail and got laughed at by the cops), but ancroft wouldnt let the fbi,cia,etc. search for there weapon history

Very good points John Engle. lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies