TRUMAN for PRESIDENT • KALWEJT for VICE PRESIDENT (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:14:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TRUMAN for PRESIDENT • KALWEJT for VICE PRESIDENT (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRUMAN for PRESIDENT • KALWEJT for VICE PRESIDENT  (Read 5852 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: June 09, 2016, 10:05:30 AM »

Mr. Truman, Mr. Kalwejt

Where do both of you stand on the issue of men, who identify as women, using the women's bathroom?

Where do both of you stand on the issue of women, who identify as men, using the men's bathroom?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 10:41:42 PM »

Endorsed!

I can't believe it's time for another election already. It makes me nostalgic to run for an unprecedented third term in a majority-conservative electorate, just to see if I could win again (I'm sure I could, so no need to). I love elections! Tongue

President Griffin, as wonderful and as unquestionably brilliant as you are, even you are not that great.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 05:11:23 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2016, 05:31:04 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Thanks for the question, Winfield!

I believe that transgender citizens should use the bathroom of the gender they identify with. I have listened to the arguments against this policy, and I do not find them convincing. Specifically, I find it hard to believe that - as one poster put it - someone "evil enough to commit rape and stupid enough to do it in a public restroom" - will be deterred by the threat of a small fine. There is no evidence that transgender people pose a significant threat to the safety of our citizens; I therefore support leaving the decision of which bathroom to use to the individual.

Thank you for your reply Truman.

I myself find it deplorable, though, that a bathroom used by little girls could also be used legally by, let us say, a 40 year old man, who claims that he identifies himself as a woman.

And lest anyone thinks otherwise, I have spoken out time and again on this forum in support of many types of gay rights.

But men in girls bathrooms, no.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:48:49 PM »

Well, Lincoln Republican, this can be explained easily. Usually, somebody who is legitimately transgender will look like the gender they are transitioning/have transitioned to, which you can't exactly say about these '40 year old men'.

Second off, even if you pass laws against this, what's stopping said hypothetical 40 year old man from going into the bathroom anyway? Do you want guards for public bathrooms or something? Because there aren't any other ways that I can think of to stop them permanently. They'd already be committing some type of sex crime, most likely, so I don't think a new law against going into a specific bathroom will stop them.

Since they may be disguised, let's have police officers standing by and force them to strip.

Otherwise, obviously, Winfield's ban is easily circumvented.

Let's look at it in this light.  You were born a male.  You think of yourself as a female.  However, you are in fact still, and may always be, anatomically a male.

Should you use the men's bathroom or should you use the women's bathroom?     
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »

Evading the issue, but OK.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 12:42:47 AM »

I have a question for the most esteemed Vice Presidential candidate, Mr. Kalwejt.

Mr. Kalwejt

If you are successful in obtaining the office of Vice President of this great republic, will you actually serve out your full term, barring an emergency, of course?

After all, you do have a history of abandoning public offices you have held mid term.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 10:58:51 AM »

I have a question for the most esteemed Vice Presidential candidate, Mr. Kalwejt.

Mr. Kalwejt

If you are successful in obtaining the office of Vice President of this great republic, will you actually serve out your full term, barring an emergency, of course?

After all, you do have a history of abandoning public offices you have held mid term.

Again, I ask.

This question deserves an answer.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 09:28:13 AM »

Mr. Kalwejt

Again, I ask.

This question deserves an answer.

When Atlasians ask a question of a candidate, they expect an answer.

Mr. Kalwejt, what is your answer?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 09:33:03 AM »

I have asked an honest, valid question of a candidate who is seeking public office, and all I expect is an answer.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 04:27:21 PM »

So I see you abandoned your line of questioning about transgender issues after it didn't work out for you?

Oh, my dear Senator Smith, I hate to tell you, but you have it all wrong.

I did in fact present a very plausible and sensible question during the discussion, but the other parties in this discussion chose to skirt around it and to completely evade the point I was making. 

It was at that point that I decided that since the others involved in the discussion were not even willing to address directly a point I was making, that I believed the discussion was no longer viable, as I was dealing with completely intractable individuals, and further discussion was pointless.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 04:57:31 PM »

I have respect for both of the Presidential candidates, Truman and Leinad, for their dedication to the game, for their knowledge, and for their leadership abilities.

After careful consideration, I have made the decision to endorse Truman and to give him my first choice vote in the election.

I am supporting Truman, but I have to say in all honesty that his running mate, Kalwejt, has not made this easy.   

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies