Republicans are now planning to kill the endangered species act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:42:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans are now planning to kill the endangered species act
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Republicans are now planning to kill the endangered species act  (Read 1582 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »

Uh, I don't like this. Leave animals alone!
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 04:48:25 PM »

DavidB: "Save the wolves, kill the Muslims"
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 04:49:30 PM »

There was another guy with similar tastes. I do not remember his name, though. May be, somebody here will help?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 04:49:49 PM »

I hope Republicans will soon be the endangered species.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 06:32:28 PM »

Trump continues to be an amazing top 5 President!
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 06:35:48 PM »

Trump continues to be an amazing top 5 President!

Great president or Greatest president?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 09:53:58 PM »

"If God had intended these animals to live any longer, then obviously they wouldn't be on the endangered species list."

"We can't sacrifice jobs and profit for the sake of some inferior creatures."

- Congressional Republicans
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 10:23:11 PM »

*Dislikes legislative action*

*Jokes about killing off the voters who agree with it*
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2017, 10:30:30 PM »

Or he meant electorally. Chill out.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2017, 11:13:31 PM »

Or he meant electorally. Chill out.

LOL, I know he probably wasn't serious.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 03:38:09 PM »

There was another guy with similar tastes. I do not remember his name, though. May be, somebody here will help?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 03:47:03 PM »

I blame sweet home v babbitt. The ESA says its unlawful to take a protected species. Take is defined in the ESA as hunting/killing/trapping. The Court decided that despite the context "take" also meant cutting down trees or developing land where protected species could hypothetically live even if the development does not harm a single protected animal. That is a significant reinterpretation and has been used as a tactic by greens to shut down development. With citizen enforcement suits, mandatory response times by the feds, NEPA, and the EATJA the ESA is being abused. Whether its the Texas dune sand lizard, the gopher frog or the delhi sands fly, the ESA is becoming nothing more than a limitation on development as opposed to a protector of animals actually at risk of going extinct.

Yes, because the endangered animal only lives in this forest but we should be able to knock down all the trees and kill its habitat and then be surprised that it died out. Roll Eyes
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »

I blame sweet home v babbitt. The ESA says its unlawful to take a protected species. Take is defined in the ESA as hunting/killing/trapping. The Court decided that despite the context "take" also meant cutting down trees or developing land where protected species could hypothetically live even if the development does not harm a single protected animal. That is a significant reinterpretation and has been used as a tactic by greens to shut down development. With citizen enforcement suits, mandatory response times by the feds, NEPA, and the EATJA the ESA is being abused. Whether its the Texas dune sand lizard, the gopher frog or the delhi sands fly, the ESA is becoming nothing more than a limitation on development as opposed to a protector of animals actually at risk of going extinct.

Yes, because the endangered animal only lives in this forest but we should be able to knock down all the trees and kill its habitat and then be surprised that it died out. Roll Eyes

Congress wrote the statue making it illegal to trap/hunt/kill endangered species. Letting the courts rewrite statutes because the government should be able to do something is bad precedent.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2017, 06:44:22 PM »

Congress wrote the statue making it illegal to trap/hunt/kill endangered species. Letting the courts rewrite statutes because the government should be able to do something is bad precedent.

If you knock down all the trees in this forest you will KILL the endangered animal which only lives here. Seems very clear to me.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 11:09:01 PM »

The Republican party is officially going insane.

We protect endangered species for a reason. They're part of what makes the ecosystem maintain itself.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 12:19:27 AM »

I hope this has enough Republican votes to get stopped in the House, or at least the Senate. I don't get all this anti-environmentalism. This is one thing where I am moderate on. Yes, regulations are generally bad, but conservation and National Parks are an important part of America. I happen to oppose fracking, but ONLY in highly populated areas. Fracking in low-population areas is good for energy production, and can also help us study long-term effects of fracking, which the EPA says is safe. I am also okay with local communities making their own decisions with fracking. I am strongly opposed to this crap, but I know that there's no way this gets through the Senate. Susan Collins will not support it, and Cory Gardner and Jeff Flake will have tough times explaining to their constituents if they support it. Also, extreme crap like this rather than focusing on stuff like tax reform, healthcare improvements, law enforcement, etc. is exactly what would lead to a Democratic wave. Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies