I will now accept my accolades (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:51:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  I will now accept my accolades (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I will now accept my accolades  (Read 285310 times)
mypalfish
Rookie

« on: November 02, 2004, 03:04:19 PM »

I tried to tell you what was going on.  I really tried.  This looks like a landslide, folks.
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 03:47:29 PM »

I tried to tell you what was going on.  I really tried.  This looks like a landslide, folks.

what was your prediction?

Well, I predicted a Kerry victory (and said Bush had to be in Ohio and Florida more), and I also said that the GOP GOTV 72 hour plan would be very ineffective.  And it looks like I was right.
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 08:53:26 PM »

Sheesh guys, I think that 19 pages is just a tad too much. I think we  can all agree that Mypalfish has been punished sufficiently for his arrogance. Give it a rest, the election is over. Republicans have bigger things to worry about now (i. e. Clinton in '08).

Nope, go ahead, I deserve the thrashing. 
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 04:52:45 PM »

I'll let you go, fish, for good, if you'll answer two more questions for me.

Why did you go around this forum pretending to be a Bush volunteer and crying out about how bad the Bush campaign was being run?

No one believed you and no one was going to believe you because (frankly) it was ludicrous on the face of it.

I am also wondering what you hoped to gain out of it.  Panic out of the Bush people or something?  Really, what was the point?

And finally, do you look like this in real life?

Actually, I really was a volunteer for the Bush campaign in Wisconsin, and even got to shake the President's hand after the rally at the Arena.

BTW, I'm quite a bit younger than that Abe Vigoda pic...
mypalfish
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 02:18:45 AM »

Now that he's apologized, admitted his wrongness, and been humble about it, why don't we not beat a dead fish, guys?

Okay, the action on this thread has died down significantly, but not entirely since mypalfish came out of hiding.  Now, I'm all for moving on and not beating a dead fish.   But to say that he's apologized is just not an accurate statement.   He has only posted twice since the election ended and he stuck his foot in his mouth by starting this thread.   You got this one:

and this one:

I'll let you go, fish, for good, if you'll answer two more questions for me.

Why did you go around this forum pretending to be a Bush volunteer and crying out about how bad the Bush campaign was being run?

No one believed you and no one was going to believe you because (frankly) it was ludicrous on the face of it.

I am also wondering what you hoped to gain out of it.  Panic out of the Bush people or something?  Really, what was the point?

And finally, do you look like this in real life?

Actually, I really was a volunteer for the Bush campaign in Wisconsin, and even got to shake the President's hand after the rally at the Arena.

BTW, I'm quite a bit younger than that Abe Vigoda pic...

No where in either one of these two posts does he appologize for anything.  He just says go ahead and thrash me and then still insists that he really was a Bush volunteer who actually got to meet the president and shake his hand.  Of which I still don't believe a word of.   I truly find it insulting to my intelligence that somebody would try to pass themselves off as a Bush volunteer to make their claims of the Bush campaign being in peril and in a state of dissaray have some kind of validity and expect me to buy that pure and utter crap.   You see, I really did volunteer for the Bush campaign and I gave up an awful lot of my free time to help the President get re-elected.   And everyone I worked with, even when poll numbers looked bleak for Bush, would never even dream of saying the things that this guy was saying right up to the election.  For fish to try to pass himself off as a Bush volunteer and then never miss a change to try to spread doom and gloom throughout the election is a disservice to all of us who worked our tails off to get him re-elected.

I'm all for moving on and letting this issue die.   And I'm not trying to get him to appologize cause I could care less if he ever does or not.   But to say he's come clean and appologized is just not accurate and needs to be pointed out.  The fact is that he has NOT APPOLOGIZED for anything, nor has he admitted that he did anything wrong.  And I hardly call saying "I deserve the thrashing" as being humble about it. 

I'll say it again...I did volunteer for the Bush campaign in southeast Wisconsin.  And, yes, I did get to briefly meet the President and shake his hand before the rally at the old Milwaukee Arena (in fact, there was a post where I said Bush would be coming to town BEFORE anything was made public...hmmm, wonder how I knew that?).  Whether you like it or not, there was considerable pessimism among the "helpers," which began in earnest after the first debate, when Bush's 2 point lead in the state dissapeared.  The momentum was never regained, and I correctly stated that Bush could not win here, but had a great shot at Iowa where he was maintaining solid traction.   IIRC, I also said Bush had a real chance in New Mexico and that Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania were all out of play and campaign stops there were a waste of time.  I certainly deserve the criticism for predicting a Kerry victory, but I did make quite a few correct calls, too.

So keep firing away at me, and you can even say I was a terrible volunteer, which may be true.  But I am not a "troll."

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies