Is the New Right Quasi-Fascist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:45:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is the New Right Quasi-Fascist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Does the neoconservative "New Right" have fascist influences?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Is the New Right Quasi-Fascist?  (Read 2033 times)
perdedor

« on: February 05, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »

Are there any other ideologies that favor pre-emptively invading countries and handing the economy over to corporations besides neoconservatism and fascism?
perdedor

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 11:28:28 AM »

Are there any other ideologies that favor pre-emptively invading countries and handing the economy over to corporations besides neoconservatism and fascism?

That's not quite what corporatism is, the way you mean it.

Perhaps I could have made my point more clearly. What I am suggesting is that in both neoconservative and fascist ideology (and seemingly exclusive to those two), there is the idea that the economy of a nation benefits most if controled by the collective interests of corporations.
perdedor

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »

That's not quite what corporatism is, the way you mean it.

Perhaps I could have made my point more clearly. What I am suggesting is that in both neoconservative and fascist ideology (and seemingly exclusive to those two), there is the idea that the economy of a nation benefits most if controled by the collective interests of corporations.
American proto-fascism, at least in terms of where Gully and Lewis and others see it in the essence of Tea Party, has nothing to do with neoconservatism.  It's hilarious how leftists still are watching over their shoulders for this neoconservative boogeyman.

Not as hilarious as those that think neoconservatism is dead and buried as a prevelant ideology because of one failed presidency. I would argue that the nationalist sentiment (which is a major component of any version of fascist ideology) that was present in the neoconservative ideology that dominated the past decade is certainly present in the tea party movement today. Regardless of the fact that it's something entirely different, the tea party protesters and the people who kept Bush in office are largely one in the same.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies