The Office of JCL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:02:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90813 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2012, 07:19:02 PM »

So did the Whigs dissolve or what's going on with the Atlasian Right.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 09:01:38 AM »

You're not a donkey. You may be the person we need
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »

And let you liberals run roughshod over this game... I don't think so Kal.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »

As one of Atlasia's most contraversial individuals I'd like to open this office for the purpose of dialogue and colilition building for a better Atlasia. I will be announcing my future direction regarding regional and national politics around 7 pm Indiana time.

I've joined the club Tongue

What has made you so contraversial? You seem like a reasonable center-left individual who wants to make a positive impact on this game. If you've read about why I am polarizing you may think me an extremist. I'm willing to work with most Atlasians to build a strong nation.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2012, 10:20:27 PM »

As one of Atlasia's most contraversial individuals I'd like to open this office for the purpose of dialogue and colilition building for a better Atlasia. I will be announcing my future direction regarding regional and national politics around 7 pm Indiana time.

I've joined the club Tongue

What has made you so contraversial? You seem like a reasonable center-left individual who wants to make a positive impact on this game. If you've read about why I am polarizing you may think me an extremist. I'm willing to work with most Atlasians to build a strong nation.

Well, thank you Smiley

But lets see:

1. The Hagrid Lynching comment contorversy, dubbed by the media as Lynchgate
2. My one time threat of joining the Labors
3. My disrespect of Xahar
4. Some other minor stuff

I guess I'll mention the ways I've honked off many here:
1: My firm opposition to things like gay marriage and especially abortion
2. My ramblings in support of Ron Paul
3. My opposition to government ran healthcare
4. This recent war with Napoleon regarding a special election recently held
5. Being sympathetic to the Birther and Truther positions
6. I've been accused of being a Calvinist when my position is much closer to Wesleyan Arminianism  (I was raised Wesleyan-Holiness but converted to the Assemblies of God as a teenager)
7. And my views on Churchill (a gay Brit got really honked off on that one)
And here's # 8. If I were president I ask for a bust of the Iron Lady as a symbol of the special relationship between the UK and the US
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »

Don't forget to vote in the Mideast assembly race. I'm taking write in votes.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2012, 05:53:09 PM »

I'm fielding questions for the upcoming senate race. So ask away.

Also, this office expresses dissapointment over the recent bill passed giving transgendered individuals rights that would aid human traffickers to ply their NEFARIOUS trade.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:05 AM »

What's your opinion of the compromise that the Senate reached on the LGBT Dignity Act?

I would lean towards its support. Though religious freedom protections should be specifically put in the legislation
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2012, 12:39:21 AM »

Well, you never weighed in on my suggestion of just abolishing public bathrooms.

I think an Atlasian ADA kind of nixes that.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2012, 12:57:05 AM »

I think tmth best articulates my view on your poker bill. I personally oppose gambling based on Franzi's reasons for maintaining the status quo. This is where the regions are better suited. I would support this in intent to let the regions regulate this as they see fit.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2012, 03:48:12 PM »

If elected, what committee would be interested in serving on?

Also, what is your opinion on the recent issues regarding the inactivity of several cabinent officials?

oh and one more thing, you said you agree with Franzl's reasonings, would you thus offer an opinion regarding his tactics in trying to stop the Poker bill?

His filibuster I actually do not agree with. I would like to see more senators weigh in on the subject before a final vote. To Senator Franzi, I'm asking you to end your obstruction of the poker bill. Please articulate your position in a clear way and let your fellow senators vote whether you or Ben's view is consistent with Atlasian law. Also consider what Gov. Tmth has said as well.

Personally, my intrest would best be suited as a partner with Senator Ben in National Security.

The inactivity is not acceptible. An active cabinent is an important cornerstone for this game to be a great one. If elected I would sponsor or cowrite legislation to mandate the cabinet to give a state of their department report like the president gives a staten of the union address.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »

I don't quite understand how I could articulate my position any more clearly.

Give specific moral arguments and that would make it plain. I'm against gambling but I don't see this as a place the federal government should be able to interveine. Like on matters of marriage, divorce, and adoption.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »

Regarding the Tragedy in CT

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't imagine what the citizens of Conneticut and New Jersey are feeling after this senseless shooting. As an uncle of 10 nieces and nephews I can sense the collective anger and shock of these events. It is times like these that should remind us of the faith our country was built on and has so sadly fallen from.

I'm not going to place blame on anyone because in a sense it should be on us all. Did we see mass shootings like this prior to 1973? Rarely. I was a senior when Columbine happened and worked alongside the Scotts whrn they did an event in my hometown. The senseless spilling of innocent blood must end or I fear something worse will occur. Look at the Civil War as an example. While I disagreed with some of President Lincoln's policies he was right to say

" The Almighty has His own purposes. “Woe unto the world because of offenses; for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh.” If we shall suppose that American slavery is one of those offenses which, in the providence of God, must needs come, but which, having continued through His appointed time, He now wills to remove, and that He gives to both North and South this terrible war as the woe due to those by whom the offense came, shall we discern therein any departure from those divine attributes which the believers in a living God always ascribe to Him? Fondly do we hope, fervently do we pray, that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue until all the wealth piled by the bondsman’s two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said “the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.”

Let us heed these words.

May God be merciful to Atlasia and the United States of America.

OOC: I'm speaking as both JCL and as my Real Life Personage.l
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »

Have a blessed Christmas and New Year season. I'll be active on campaign matters on New Years Day.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2013, 09:20:18 AM by Is JCL in mushy sappy love »

Campaign Kickoff in Fort Wayne Indiana
I hope you all had a great Christmas and  New Years. Hopefully you didn't have too much alcohol and got too crazy.

I see that the campaign is active as all get out and it's about time I engaged in the discorse. The recent left leaning turn in the Mideast Assembly is quite disconcerting. Recent legislation liberalizing abortion rights and even changing the way we elect the assembly have not gone past my eye while I was away tending to real life matters. Quite frankly is there a reason that we in the Mideast should be like everyone else in how we conduct our elections? No. I see no benefit in changing it.

It's good to see the governor veto the reliberalization of the laws on abortion. If elected i'll bring a bill to restrict abortion after the twelth week of pregnancy in all cases.

Regarding bringing back the position of Lt Governor, provided the region stays as active as it has been of late I will support it.

I will propose an amendment to the Atlasian Constitution to give the regions back the supremacy of legislative policy regarding marriage, abortion, and adoption. Federal intervention on this issue is unsound and beyond senseless in a free society.

One of the most important rights of free people is the right to keep and bear arms. Recent tragedies have brought this issue into the forefront and to see many advocate that we should give up the right to have certain types of guns or magizines for the perceived sake of security. What did Benjamin Franklin say about this? I'm a supporter of backround checks and all to keep violent felons from having a gun but don't punish the law abiding and repentant non-violent offenders from this important right.

And of course keeping taxes as low as they can be to maximize economic prosperity. One way we can do this is
promote changing over to engines that would handle natural gas. We've recently discovered more natural gas than what we thought we had. Lets utilize this resourse to eventually eliminate our need for foreign oil and use those savings to pay down the national debt.

Right to work is a good thing and shouldn't be taken away. Unions don't like it because it curtails their power to force individuals to join them. As a Federalist I believe that freedom of association is as sacrosanct as our other rights and thus these progressives and union lobbiests want to attack that. If elected I will fight to counter their vision of coersive force regarding our places of employment. Notice how the right to work states are becoming more prosperous. Economic freedom is one of the cornerstones of a free society. The others being faith, defense, and proper game reform.

I know many are wondering why I briefly took that tangent into national politics and I'll say this. The regions and national government in some matters need to partner together for the liberties both social and economic within traditional law, order and morality.

Thank you and may God and Dave save The Mideast and Atlasia.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »

To the Liberal Party

Thank you for your endorsement and hope to work with your candidate on issues we do concur on.

From the Campaign

The election is this weekend. I hope you are paying attention to the debate. Consider who's been active and who hasn't. Vote your conscience and I hope a Federalist/Liberal slate is one that the people will support.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2013, 05:17:48 PM »

The Mideast will have three candidates for senate. I am hereby announcing my candidacy for Senate.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »

While I can't say I agree with you on many issues, JCL, you've earned my grudging respect for standing up for your beliefs strongly in a center-left country, however unpopular they may be. You genuinely care about The People, although your priorities may be out of the mainstream. Good luck.

We have three great candidates in the race now, and I'm very excited to watch this campaign unfold.

I run because an honest and civil public discourse on the issues are needed.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2013, 05:48:34 PM »

Ler the campaign be a good one.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2013, 07:27:40 PM »

You too Ben. Lets show the people a good race based on the issues like we did last time.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2013, 01:23:38 AM »

From the JCL for Senate campaign

There are some who question my decision to run. My motives are as the same as they always been. While many don't agree with my views and some even think them to be extreme in nature, there are some here who do share many of what I believe in. These people are sadly not represented at the national level well enough. While we have good conservatives jn the game I believe we need to take it to a higher level. A higher level of fighting for our most vulnerable including those the womb and the fight against human trafficking. The right for the individual to keep more of what they earn by flattening the current tax rates. The right to keep and bear arms that all law abiding citizens should enjoy. As well as cooperation between busisness and environmental intrests to properly utilize the resourses God has given us while doing so voluntarily and as the market and not government dictates. The motive is the people. It always has been and always will be. Regardless of internal partisan bickering or the constant competition betwixt the parties. As your Senator I will fight to let loose the dawgs of freedom and prosperity. I respect my opponents. Both have served well and while we differ on policy I believe they seek to serve you, the citizen, well. Hear us out. Be open to each of us and our ideas. Don't let the status quo dictate where we as a people can go. Don't be dictated by party establishments but vote with your conscience.

I'll talk about my ideas in the coming days. If you have any questions just drop them by this thread and I will answer as soon as my real life obligations permit.

Thank you and May God Save Atlasia
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2013, 02:13:57 AM »

Honestly what is your problem with me? You don't see me threatening to leave the region everytime the left gets what they want. We agree on almost as much as disagree. I view you in a respectable way. It disappoints me that you don't.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2013, 02:22:13 AM »

It's nothing particularly personal. I just value sane representation.

So do I. What makes you think my representing the people not be sane?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »

It's nothing particularly personal. I just value sane representation.

So do I. What makes you think my representing the people not be sane?

We granted his request at the Health Directorate for access to some records. The results weren't pretty.

More like the results are doctored for political motivation.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2013, 03:33:46 AM »

New Life Church, Kokomo IN

Its good to finally get to speak to the home crowd. The family that stepped up when parts of my own bailed and shirked their duties and instead nearly made me a statistic of what happens when a family is torn apart. For that I'm thankful for that.

Just a few short months ago we gave a proper tribute to our veterans and their families and Pastor, alongside my brother and a vet of Vietnam, articulated clearly our beliefs on foreign matters which are rooted in the principals of Holy Writ. As your Senator I will advocate these beliefs clearly as ones who strattle between the extremes of pacifism and neoconservatism. We prefer peaceful and quiet lives that we may give proper respect and honor to both our God and the government under which we are submitted to.

On matters of national finance I echo many of your concerns. Our government is a rather poor steward of the revenue it gains via the current tax structure which doesn't respect the rights of the well to do and the middle classes to give cheerfully and with a willing heart and that. Is evidenced by the extremely high rates that are paid in taxes. We need a flatter tax structure with the hope that income taxes become a thing of the past.

Our message that every life is sacred and thus must be protected by force of law. Recent events liberalizing the regional policy regarding abortion are disheartning to us all and must be delt with. The old law should be restored with some teeth to it. No abortions after the first trimestor for any reason except the mothers life and in those situation the doctors must do all they can to save both.

As we end our time together I'm not gonna give the "Andy Griffith" quips Pastor like to use on occasion but I will use one given to a comic book icon from his uncle and father figure. "With great power comes great responsibility." Be mindful of
these words as you go and vote.

God bless you and may He be merciful to Atlasia
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies