Was it a mistake for me to lock the opinion of Hitler thread? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:03:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Was it a mistake for me to lock the opinion of Hitler thread? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Was it a mistake for me to lock the opinion of Hitler thread?
Yes (it should not have been locked)

No (it was reasonable for you to lock it)

Don't care much either way (your chose)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Was it a mistake for me to lock the opinion of Hitler thread?  (Read 1435 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: May 05, 2015, 11:03:06 AM »

To give a bit of constructive criticism (As I'm not one who protests everything the mods do, like some dear friends of ours) I think it should have been allowed to stay. Anything that is clearly satirical in nature such as that is mainly for fun, (I think we can all agree that humor should be allowed since politics can become very dry if it is all serious all the time) should be allowed to stay as everyone here is well aware someone like Hitler was a genocidal maniac that no decent person will tolerate the memorialization of.

I do agree that threads such as "opinion of Jews" or "Do you hate Asians" even if satirical in nature, should be given a short leash as they very easily could be taken the wrong way. Though if it were up to me, I'd allow threads based on different income levels, dwelling areas (i.e. suburbanites vs. urban hipsters or whatever), or political ideologies as these are more impersonal types of demographics than threads based on gender or ethnicity. But I believe threads that are opinions of specific people should be allowed regardless of how vile that individual person may be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies