2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:44:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155113 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2014, 09:12:15 PM »
« edited: May 09, 2014, 10:29:57 PM by Senator Meiji (D-NC) »

John Edwards for President Schedule: February 9th - 10th

Tennessee! Virginia! Now is the time for the Edwards campaign to win! Today I am honored to announce the support of Mayor Purcell of Nashville, Representatives Gordon and Clement of Tennessee, and Mayor Oberndorf of Virginia Beach, as well as the support of countless Virginians and Tennesseans.  We're going to win in Tennessee and Virginia - let's prove that today.

Press Release:
Senator Edwards would like to announce his full support for Senator Biden's legislation. Just because we're facing each other on the campaign trail shouldn't hinder our ability to pass progressive legislation through the Senate. I support raising the minimum wage, and expanding minimum wage guarantees to tipped and home workers. I'm proud to get behind Senator Biden's legislation, and to propose my own legislation to index the minimum wage to inflation. S.B. 968 would set the minimum wage to keep rising each year in accordance with consumer prices. This legislation would mean that consumer's purchasing power wouldn't erode with every year we fail to raise the wage, and would ensure our working families could keep putting food on their tables. I look forward to passing this legislation.

February 9th, 2004:
Rally in Memphis, Tennessee with Vice President Al Gore and Governor Phil Bredesen
Rally in Nashville, Tennessee with Gore, Bredesen, Mayor Bill Purcell, and fmr. Rep. Bob Clement
Rally in Murfreesboro, Tennessee with Gore, Bredesen, and Rep. Bart Gordon
Rally in Knoxville, Tennessee with Gore and Bredesen
Town hall in Johnson City, Tennessee with Gore and Bredesen

Representative Cooper questions my experience. Says I’ve been a backbencher in the Senate for six years - somehow that’s less than three, but we’ll let that slide. Let me talk about my experience. I was born in Seneca, South Carolina, and grew up in Robbins, one state north. My father was a floor worker at a textile mill. My mom had a roadside antique business. I come from a family of working-class parents. I grew up, did well in school, and eventually attended college - I went to Clemson, but eventually didn’t have the money for it, so I went to NC State. I was the first in my family to make it to college. I got my bachelor’s degree, not in something like political science, no - I majored in textile technology. Wanted to learn something useful. Eventually I went to law school and got a job here, in Nashville. Then I moved to Raleigh and helped people who had been injured by corporate and medical malpractice. My son Wade passed away two years before the 1998 Senate election - that, ultimately, was what prompted me to take a step back and ask if I was really doing all I could to help the less fortunate. That’s what led me to enter public service. That’s my experience.

There’s no successful businessman as part of my experience, Representative Cooper. There’s no Wellesley College, no Yale, no professorship, no time on corporate boards of directors. And no time in the White House. There’s just an ordinary guy from a working-class family, who had to work his way through college, and using what he learned to help people who got hurt because somebody higher-up forgot to care about ordinary folks. If you want someone with experience, Representative, here I am. But - I forgot. I’m just a kid who worked his way through NC State. I didn’t go to Oxford. I went to law school in Carolina, not Harvard. My dad was a mill worker, not a Governor. So I guess I don’t have the kind of experience you’re looking for.

But it’s not up to you, Representative Cooper. It’s up to the people of this great state to decide what kind of experience they want more. So what’ll it be, Tennessee? The son of a blue-collar worker or the son of a Governor? Carolina or Harvard? When you vote tomorrow, what’ll it be? Do you want the guy who went to NC State? Or Wellesley? Carolina? Or Yale?

February 10th, 2004:
Meet and greet in Blacksburg, Virginia with Rep. Rick Boucher
Meet and greet in Charlottesville, Virginia
Rally in Richmond, Virginia
Meet and greet in Williamsburg, Virginia
Rally in Norfolk, Virginia with Rep. Owen B. Pickett and Mayor Paul D. Fraim
Rally in Virginia Beach, Virginia with Pickett and Mayor Meyera Oberndorf
Meet and greet/victory party in Fairfax, Virginia with Rep. Jim Moran, Gephardt, Graham, and Gore

Don Beyer says he can’t understand how we’re doing so well in Virginia. Do any of you here today know why I’m doing so well in Virginia? It's simple, really. Virginians - like y'all - want a real candidate. You don't want someone who'll just give you empty rhetoric. You want someone of real substance - why? Because you, all of you, have an important responsibility today. You're not the guardians of what kind of president we'll have. You're the guardians of what kind of future we will leave to our children. We need bold ideas for change, equal to the problems we face. But we have a Washington that's broken and rigged. Powerful special interests and lobbyists run Washington. They benefit the very few, at the expense of the rest of us. I don't want to be the first generation of Americans that fail to pass on a better life to our children. That's not the America I believe in. Together, we can reclaim our government and build a better America, one America.

We're going to end the war in Iraq. We're going to guarantee universal health care. We're going to raise the minimum wage, strengthen workers' rights, reject bad trade deals, help families save, cut taxes, protect pensions, and lift millions out of poverty. We're going to restore the comprehensive curriculum that No Child Left Behind took. We're going to see better teacher pay, smaller classes, and college affordable for every student. We're going to achieve energy independence, we're going to create new energy jobs here - jobs that can't be sent overseas. And we're going to invest in local businesses, Main Street businesses, attract new industries, and strengthen rural schools. We're going to stand up for family farms. We're going to build a better America.

But I need your help to do it. I know you might not agree with everything I've just said - hell, there's people out there who may not agree with most of what I've said - but you deserve to know where I stand. I'll be turning the floor over to questions now - let me hear your ideas, your suggestions, your thoughts on how to redeem our country's promise and our children's future. Please, any questions you may have - and remember to vote today.

TV Ad: American Jobs and Workers
JOHN EDWARDS: My father worked in this mill and others like it for 30 years. I worked in it when I was young. Now it’s closed, the jobs are gone.  For too many, it’s just about profit and greed. They’re wrong.  It’s about the dignity of a job and doing what’s right for America’s workers. I’m John Edwards and I approve this message because we don’t need another president that puts wealth above work. So, if you’re ready to stand with me for American jobs and America’s workers, your time is now.
This ad will air in all Tennessee and Virginia media markets, as well as the Huntsville (AL), Paducah (KY), Greensboro (NC), Raleigh (NC), Bluefield (WV), Harrisonburg (WV), and Washington (DC) markets.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #451 on: May 09, 2014, 10:55:23 PM »

Statement from Biden Campaign

Senator Biden is proud to welcome Senator Edwards in his newfound support for raising the minimum wage. Senator Biden has been a deal-maker and strong proponent for the working poor all through his successful time in the U.S. Senate. We are thrilled to know that after six years in the Senate, Senator Edwards will have the experience of successfully passing significant legislation.

Unfortunately for the millions of working poor in America they have not recieved the support of Senator Hillary Clinton. While millions work with a shrinking savings account, unpaid bills, and empty stomachs in order to feed their children, Senator Clinton has shirked their needs and passed on supporting the minimum wage raise. This is an affront and unfit for any Presidential candidate.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #452 on: May 09, 2014, 10:56:06 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: February 9-10

February 9
-Town Halls in Vermont
-Meeting with grassroots in Vermont
-Planning GOTV strategy in Vermont

I am in support of Senator Biden's legislation to increase the minimum wage. Working families all across the country need relief now, and we can begin to help by making sure that they're not slaving away in an underpaid job like so many are.

February 10
-Fundraisers in Ohio
-Meeting with constituents in Ohio
-Planning GOTV strategy in Ohio
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #453 on: May 10, 2014, 01:06:11 AM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #454 on: May 10, 2014, 01:08:03 AM »

Texas is March 9th, exactly a week after Super Tuesday
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #455 on: May 10, 2014, 01:13:28 AM »

Texas is March 9th, exactly a week after Super Tuesday

Thanks Smiley
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #456 on: May 10, 2014, 08:16:09 AM »

Results will be up later today.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #457 on: May 10, 2014, 12:32:03 PM »

Round XIII: February 11-14

By George, he's did it!

Virginia: Republicans
√ George Allen: 74.9% (83)
Rudy Giuliani: 16.0%
Gary Johnson: 8.1%

Tennessee: Republicans
√ George Allen: 44.2% (69)
Rudy Giuliani: 37.7%
Gary Johnson: 18.1%

George Allen won a clear victory in the Tennessee and Virginia contests. He picked up a combined 152 delegates and heads into the next contests in Nevada and District of Columbia. Rudy Giuliani performed better than expected in Tennessee, managing to cut Allen's double digit lead to a seven point win. Giuliani is by no means out of the race, but his campaign will need to pickup some of the upcoming states in order to overcome Allen's lead in the delegates.

George Allen: 421
Rudy Giuliani: 174
Gary Johnson: 111
Donald Rumsfeld: 61

Edwards v. Clinton v. Biden

Virginia: Democrats
√ John Edwards: 34.2% (83)
Joe Biden: 25.5%
Hillary Clinton: 24.9%
Dennis Kucinich: 15.4%

Tennessee: Democrats
√ John Edwards: 30.1% (69)
Hillary Clinton: 29.9%
Joe Biden: 24.9%
Dennis Kucinich: 15.1%

John Edwards' rebounded with two wins. An impressive victory in Virginia, neighboring his home state of North Carolina and a close victory in Tennessee, where the results were not called until 1:12 AM. Edwards collected 152 delegates combined and have regained the momentum his campaign lost following the Iowa Caucuses. He Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton head into the next contests in a virtual dead heat. Clinton holds onto a narrow lead in the national vote and in the upcoming states. Only time will tell if these wins will push Edwards over the edge.

John Edwards: 273
Hillary Clinton: 180
Joe Biden: 141
Dennis Kucinich: 137

Upcoming Contests: DC and Nevada on Feb. 14

Nevada: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 34%
George Allen: 32%
Gary Johnson: 29%
Undecided: 5%

District of Columbia: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 40%
George Allen: 38%
Gary Johnson: 12%
Undecided: 9%

Nevada: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 30%
Joe Biden: 25%
John Edwards: 23%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%
Undecided: 5%

District of Columbia: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 23%
Joe Biden: 23%
Dennis Kucinich: 23%
John Edwards: 21%
Undecided: 9%

This Round will Close on Monday at 12:01 AM EST
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #458 on: May 10, 2014, 12:51:03 PM »

Excerpts from George Allen's Victory Speech in Tennessee

"We did it *cheers*

We won two very convincing wins tonight. Our cause of common sense conservative solutions is echoing across all of America! People are tired of the same old same old and are not willing to hear anything but the truth, and that is what this campaign offers: the truth. We are giving solutions to the problems this country faces, and people find it refreshing when they are told the truth about these issues.

Just a week ago, they started telling us to drop out because we couldn't compete. Because our campaign wasn't good enough. Well, we certainly showed them tonight! And it's only going to get better from here - our base of voters is growing everyday, and we are going to change this country and we are going to have a President who understands the problem of the American Family. *cheers*

Delegates don't lie America, and right now we are on the path to the GOP nomination, and we aren't going to let the special interests tell us otherwise!"
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #459 on: May 10, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign

Mayor Giuliani gladly congratulates Senator Allen on his wins in Virginia and Tennessee. He would also like to thank all those who voted for him, as the Mayor out-performed what many polls projected even without contesting either states. "I think we did very well in Tennessee, considering we didn't contest it..." said the Mayor at a campaign meeting in New York City. Mayor Giuliani now looks forward to a successful few weeks in Nevada, Washington, D.C., and Wisconsin.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #460 on: May 10, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Feb. 11th-14th, 2004

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: President Gerald Ford and Senator John McCain
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Mike DuHaime
Energy Policy Director: Governor Angus King
Foreign Policy Director: Former President Gerald Ford
Defense Policy Director: Senator John McCain
Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster: Dr. Mark Campbell

Feb. 11th, 2004; Nevada
-- Barnstorm in Carson City, NV with Gov. Guinn, VP Cheney, and Sen. Ensign
-- Speech at Western Nevada College
-- Barnstorm in Fallon, NV with Gov. Guinn, VP Cheney, and Sen. Ensign
-- Barnstorm in Minden, NV with Gov. Guinn, VP Cheney, and Sen. Ensign

Feb. 12th, 2004; Nevada
-- Barnstorm in Elko, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. McCain, and Sen. Ensign
-- Barnstorm in North Fork, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. McCain, and Sen. Ensign
-- Barnstorm in Eureka, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. McCain, and Sen. Ensign
-- Fly to Washington, D.C.

Feb. 13th, 2004; Washington, D.C.
-- Barnstorm in Foggy Bottom with Sen. McCain, VP Cheney, and Spkr. Hastert
-- Barnstorm in Georgetown with Sen. McCain, VP Cheney, and Spkr. Hastert
-- GOTV Rally in Georgetown with VP Cheney and Spkr. Hastert
-- Barnstorm in Massachusetts Heights with Sen. McCain, VP Cheney, and Spkr. Hastert
-- Fly to Nevada

Feb. 14th, 2004; Nevada
-- Barnstorm in Boulder City, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. Ensign, and Sen. Craig
-- Barnstorm in Mesquite, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. Ensign, and Sen. Craig
-- Barnstorm in Las Vegas, NV with Gov. Guinn, Sen. Ensign, and Sen. Craig
-- GOTV Rally in Las Vegas, NV with Mr. Adelson and Sen. Ensign
-- Election Night Rally in Las Vegas, NV

You must be logged in to read this quote.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #461 on: May 10, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, Feb.11th-14th, 2004

Gov. George Pataki
Barnstorming in Washington, D.C.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg

Senator John McCain
Barnstorming with Mayor Giuliani in Nevada and Washington, D.C.

Governor Angus King
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan

Senator George Voinovich

Mr. Sheldon Adelson
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former President Jerry Ford

Governor Terry Branstad

Senator Kit Bond

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt

Mr. John Elway

Senator Norm Coleman

Governor Pete Wilson
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former Vice President Dan Quayle
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former Senator Howard Baker

Senator Lamar Alexander

House Speaker Dennis Hastert

Former Senator Fred Thompson

Senator Larry Pressler
Barnstorming in Nevada

Governor John Hoeven
Barnstorming in Idaho

Governor Mike Rounds
Barnstorming in Nevada

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Barnstorming in Nevada

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack Kemp

Senator Bob Dole
Barnstorming in Nevada

General Norman Schwarzkopf

International Association of Fire Fighters
GOTV Registration Rallies in Nevada

Senator Connie Mack III
Barnstorming in Nevada

Vice President Dick Cheney
Barnstorming in Nevada

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
Barnstorming in Nevada

Governor Linda Lingle
Barnstorming in Hawaii

Governor Kenny Guinn
Barnstorming in Nevada

Mrs. Mary Matalin
Barnstorming in Nevada

Senator Larry Craig
Barnstorming in Nevada
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #462 on: May 10, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »

Excerpts from Biden Speech (Virginia)

Wow! Congratulations to everyone who has put their lives into this campaign here in Virginia. They said we were down and out, but we knew we could win second place in Virginia if they just heard our message. And we did! (applause)

But there is still more work to do. The primary states now are winner-take-all, so we need to win to do these things of vital importance to the American people. Tell your friends, your neighbors, even your rivals: Joe Biden is the only Presidential candidate with the experience and vision to end the war in Iraq, to keep unemployment low, and to bring millions out of poverty and into prosperity.

Now, just yesterday, we received proof from one of the other campaigns of just this fact: My campaign received word from Congressman Kucinich and Senator Edwards that both would be following my leadership in this push to raise the minimum wage. This is part and parcel the kind of leadership I will bring to the White House: a storied and productive relationship with Congress, an ability to bring my rivals to my side, and the requisite experience and leadership necessary to keep peace abroad and at home.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #463 on: May 10, 2014, 03:23:17 PM »

OOC: Is there a limit to our number of ads per turn?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #464 on: May 10, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »

New George Allen Endorsers

Senator Crapo - Allen for President

"Illegal immigration is the most important issue of this campaign, and the only candidate who is truly willing to deal with the border problem is George Allen. When he says no amnesty, he means no amnesty. That is not a way to solve our immigration problem, and we need to face that."

Bennett to endorse Allen

Washington D.C. - Senator Bob Bennett, an important conservative yet bipartisan figure in Washington, endorsed George Allen today after much speculation. Bennett noted Allen's strong record in Virginia as an executive, his conservative voting record in the Senate, and his foreign policy. Bennett raises Allens profile in the state of Utah, and gives his campaign a boost in the state.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #465 on: May 10, 2014, 03:43:50 PM »

February 11, 1:30 AM

Fedex Forum, Memphis Tennessee

Well, I spoke to Senator Edwards about ten minutes ago, and congratulated him on a pair of hard fought victories. We put everything we had into, Tennessee and Virginia, and we just couldn't win. But that's okay, because there are other contests ahead. We'll win Nevada, and Wisconsin, and Hawaii, and we'll clean house on Super Tuesday, and it's all thanks to you!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #466 on: May 10, 2014, 03:44:36 PM »

I haven't heard a limit, but I'd like to think of an unspoken limit of two.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #467 on: May 10, 2014, 03:53:47 PM »

I haven't heard a limit, but I'd like to think of an unspoken limit of two.

Yeah, I've tried to avoid running more than a couple ads or getting more than a few endorsements per round.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #468 on: May 10, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »

Schedule for Bill Clinton

February 11, 2004
GOTV in Golden Valley, Nevada

GOTV in Dyer, Nevada

Meet Voters in Bishop, California

GOTV in Tonopah, Nevada (With Harry Reid

February 12, 2004

GOTV in Baker, Nevada

GOTV in Ely, Nevada

GOTV in Lovelock, Nevada (With Harry Reid)

GOTV in Mesquite, Nevada (With Harry Reid)

February 13, 2004

Panelist on Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me (With Richard Roeper and Mo Rocca) at Peaks Ice Arena, Provo, Utah

Meet voters in Pearl City, Hawaii

February 14, 2004/Valentine's Day

Speech at McDaniel University, Westminster, Maryland

So apparently Defense Secretary Wolfowitz, announced yesterday may apply annually for release. I see a huge gaping hole here, however... The only reason Wolfowitz is bothering to announce this decision is because he knows that no one would agree to their release. He knows that the American military is free to continue the "harsh interrogation tactics" at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan, at Abu Gharib Prison in Iraq, and at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba. These tactics can be so vile, that no matter what any one else says, they can only be considered torture, and Wolfowitz is looking for a way to cover his derriere.

Election Night Rally at RFK Stadium, Washington D.C
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #469 on: May 10, 2014, 04:48:05 PM »

Ambassador Paul Cellucci: Rudy Giuliani has the abilities and leadership that our nation needs. He did great under the pressure of 9/11 and I feel confident in saying that he is wholly capable of leading our nation no matter what the crisis.
- Ambassador Cellucci spends February 11th to February 13th barnstorming in Washington, D.C. He spends February 14th barnstorming in Massachusetts.

Senator John Ensign: Governor Guinn was right when he announced his endorsement for Mayor Giuliani. He's the only candidate who can properly represent Nevada in the White House. I'm glad to join my name to those who, across the nation, have already joined Team Giuliani.
- Senator Ensign spends February 11th to February 14th barnstorming across Nevada.

Former Governor John H. Sununu: I was George H.W. Bush's Chief of Staff for 3 years and during that time I worked very closely with the President and his predecessor, Ronald Reagan. There's only one candidate who emulates the ideals the both Reagan and Bush pushed for, and that's Rudy Giuliani.
- Governor Sununu spends February 11th to February 14th barnstorming in Washington, D.C.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #470 on: May 10, 2014, 04:49:55 PM »

So apparently Defense Secretary Wolfowitz, announced yesterday may apply annually for release. I see a huge gaping hole here, however... The only reason Wolfowitz is bothering to announce this decision is because he knows that no one would agree to their release. He knows that the American military is free to continue the "harsh interrogation tactics" at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan, at Abu Gharib Prison in Iraq, and at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba. These tactics can be so vile, that no matter what any one else says, they can only be considered torture, and Wolfowitz is looking for a way to cover his derriere.

OOC: I wonder, by having Rumsfeld resign in September 2003 and with Wolfowitz forced to handle Abu Ghraib by himself, did I manage to save Rummy's reputation? xD
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #471 on: May 10, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »

OOC: I wonder, by having Rumsfeld resign in September 2003 and with Wolfowitz forced to handle Abu Ghraib by himself, did I manage to save Rummy's reputation? xD
OOC; Probably...
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #472 on: May 10, 2014, 05:00:20 PM »

Giuliani 2004 TV and Radio Ad, Running in the following states

While Mayor, Rudy Giuliani cut taxes and spending in New York. He turned a $2.3 billion deficit into a $3 billion surplus. He created jobs across the City and helped the city recover from the poor state David Dinkins left it in. Rudy Giuliani created jobs in New York City, he knows how do it across the nation. Rudy Giuliani fought the deficit in New York City, he can do it as President. Rudy Giuliani made New York City a better place to live, he will do it in Washington. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #473 on: May 11, 2014, 02:16:56 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2014, 03:38:56 AM by badgate »

Biden Surrogates

Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
-Feb. 11: D.C. - Whipping support for SB802 in Republican cloak room
-Feb. 12: Maine - Working at Maine Senate office.
-Feb. 13: D.C. - Barnstorming and GOTV in D.C.
-Feb. 14: D.C. - Rally at D.C. City Hall, GOTV

Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA)
-Feb. 11: D.C. - Whipping support for SB802 in Democratic cloak room
-Feb. 12: Massachusetts - Working at Massachusetts Senate office.

Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA)
-Feb. 12: Virginia - Working at Virginia Senate office.

Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
-Feb. 12: Washington - Working at Washington Senate office.

Sen. Mark Dayton (D-MN)
-Feb. 12: Wisconsin - Fundraiser in Madison

Sen. Arlen Specter (R -PA)
-Feb. 11: D.C. - Whipping support for SB802 in Republican cloak room
-Feb. 12: Pennsylvania - Working at Pennsylvania Senate office.

Former Gov. Jerry Brown (D-CA)
-Feb. 11: California - Barnstorming in San Diego
-Feb. 12: Nevada - Barnstorming in Las Vegas, Biden fundraiser in Las Vegas
-Feb. 13: California - Barnstorming in Los Angeles
-Feb. 14: Nevada - Barnstorming in Las Vegas

Gov. Jim Doyle (D-WI)
-Feb. 11: Wisconsin - Working at Gov. office
-Feb. 12: Wisconsin - Fundraiser for Biden in Madison
-Feb. 13: Wisconsin - Rally in Madison
-Feb. 14: Wisconsin - Working at Gov. office

Rep. Ben Chandler (D-KY)
-Feb. 12: Kentucky - Working at Kentucky Senate office.
-Feb. 13: Ohio - Barnstorming in Cincinnati

Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)
-Feb. 12: West Virginia - Working at West Virginia Senate office.

Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT)
-Feb. 12: D.C. - Barnstorming and GOTV in D.C.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #474 on: May 11, 2014, 03:30:36 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2014, 04:20:53 AM by badgate »

TV Ad: Joe's Green Thumb

WOMAN: Protection of the environment is a key issue to Senator Joe Biden. Above all other Democratic candidates Joe's got a green thumb for clean energy and clean air. In the Senate he has been a leader in the cause, and is the only candidate endorsed by the League of Conservation Voters Action Fund. When Senator Biden visited us here in Washington, he was the only candidate to visit our national parks and nature preserves.

JOE BIDEN: If our promise to our children is a quality education, we must also leave them a quality Earth to inhabit. As President I'll fight for stricter punishments to force oil manufacturers to make oil spills extremely rare. I'll never sleep if there's extreme and dangerous weather occurring throughout the country. And I'll fight. For you. I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message.

TV Ad: The Candidate of Experience

JOE BIDEN (in button down, no tie, sleeves rolled up, light blue shirt with black backdrop): Hello. I'm Senator Joe Biden, the only candidate of experience in this Presidential primary race. In the Senate my work on successful legislation has swept criminals off our neighborhood streets, stopped the spread of "date rape" drugs, and secured arms control treaties with nations like Russia who were once our greatest and most dangerous rivals. Today we are in a dangerous world, and I know you'll see that it is my leadership on the issues of immediate importance to our national security, that I can pull us through. It's time to look forward and finally begin building the twenty-first century America. Together, we can. I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message [soft, heroic music]

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies