So much for running a competitive campaign in North Carolina (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 06:58:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  So much for running a competitive campaign in North Carolina (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So much for running a competitive campaign in North Carolina  (Read 4866 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: October 26, 2007, 08:00:40 PM »

What a retard. Why didn't he just stay closeted? Doesn't he care about Gays and himself to realize that he needs to be in Congress in order to make an impact.

He didn't hold a press conference and announce he was gay or anything like that.  He was asked a question, he gave an honest answer.  Its unfortunate and down right disgusting that simply being gay is reason enough not to vote for someone in the minds of some people, and admitting he was gay probably hurts him especially since he is from the south.  However, the fact he gave an honest answer to the question is refreshing.  The hate mongering right wing attack machine would probably have been worse if he said he wasn't and then a month from the election we find out he is gay.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 03:52:10 PM »

What a retard. Why didn't he just stay closeted? Doesn't he care about Gays and himself to realize that he needs to be in Congress in order to make an impact.

And you're a Democrat.  Wonderful.
When I said that I was kind of pissed about loosing the Democrats chances in North Carolina. I am not anti-gay in anyway and am for Civil Unions.

I'm for civil unions too, but I don't think it should ever actually happen because it might hurt Democrats' chances.
I never said that, I just think that he should have kept him being gay quiet, so that he could help gays get the right to have a Union. I know that my comment might have made it seemed like that but that is not what I think.

Again, he didn't make an announcement saying he was gay.  He was asked a question, he gave an honest answer.  What did you want him to do??  Do the Republican thing and lie about it??
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies