Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:07:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Author Topic: Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)  (Read 21559 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2017, 07:33:20 AM »

People don't vote based on ideological veneers, they vote based on individual issues that form that sum total of those ideologies and who is best to deliver for them at any given time.

Also, I have long since established that 1) Politics is not linear, it is 3-Dimensional and 2) I don't give a damn about lazy political analysis and its poorly conceived "rules" for who must side with who. People are people, not herds of sheep.

You don't see me demanding the 11 Feds back who made you Vice President, Windjammer. Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2017, 07:58:14 AM »

People don't vote based on ideological veneers, they vote based on individual issues that form that sum total of those ideologies and who is best to deliver for them at any given time.

Also, I have long since established that 1) Politics is not linear, it is 3-Dimensional and 2) I don't give a damn about lazy political analysis and its poorly conceived "rules" for who must side with who. People are people, not herds of sheep.

You don't see me demanding the 11 Feds back who made you Vice President, Windjammer. Tongue
These 11 Feds backed me because they were ideologically closer to me than the guy who legalized polygamy and incest. Not because I made some "Nice guys FF" campaign Smiley Smiley

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »

1.) WindJammer
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2017, 03:40:21 PM »

Symbolic abstention
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »

Chair

• Windjammer
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2017, 04:09:59 AM »

These 11 Feds backed me because they were ideologically closer to me than the guy who legalized polygamy and incest. Not because I made some "Nice guys FF" campaign Smiley Smiley

Or they did so because Hagrid and Tmth asked them to, or at the very least encourged them to do so. So maybe, it was "nice guys ff" after all. We'll never know, will we? Tongue
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2017, 11:01:06 AM »

LABOR PARTY OF ATLASIA
EMERGENCY LEADERSHIP ELECTION
JUNE-JULY 2017

FOR CHAIR
[2] Tim Turner of the South
[1] Windjammer of Fremont
[  ] Write-in :
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2017, 02:23:14 PM »

[1]TimTurner
[2]Windjammer
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »

[2] Tim Turner of the South
[1] Windjammer of Fremont
[  ] Write-in :
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2017, 03:29:15 PM »

Chair

Windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2017, 04:50:19 PM »

1) Windjammer
2) Tim
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2017, 10:19:08 PM »

(48 hours have passed)

I congratulate Windjammer on his election as Labor Chair, and encourage him to dissolve the labor party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2017, 10:34:39 PM »

(48 hours have passed)

I congratulate Windjammer on his election as Labor Chair, and encourage him to dissolve the labor party.

Knowing Windjammer, he is probably more likely to dissolve you for annoying him than anything else. Tongue

He has the power you know. I think he picked it up with a magic amulet somewhere in France, a truly magical place.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2017, 10:39:13 PM »

(48 hours have passed)

Knowing Windjammer, he is probably more likely to dissolve you for annoying him than anything else. Tongue

He has the power you know. I think he picked it up with a magic amulet somewhere in France, a truly magical place.

DId someone mention a magic amulet? !
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2017, 12:45:41 AM »

As someone who has been registered Labor my entire time in Atlasia, I was shocked to see our margin in the last election. It was big. It made me worry critically about the future of the party. I decided I would run for Chair around that time, because I won't let the party that I have always been with and have always served loyally suffer in such fashion and I will do what i can to make a difference to prevent that.

I did not prevail, but I do want to make clear my desire to help advance the party in the months ahead. I lost and Windjammer won; but we are all Laborites, and we are bound by common purpose and sharing common interests. We must work together as a party. We should strive to make the Labor brand golden again, and put hard work into rebuilding. We should make sure people in our party put in pride in their party card and the fact they are members of our glorious party.

I for one am willing to work towards this even if I am not asked. I want work. I want to be one of those who serves our incoming chair Windjammer. Ideally many more shall think the same. I congralute Windjammer on his win, wish him well, and call upon all Laborites to make themselves available in the months ahead for the task of helping rebuild the party. I believe Windjammer is up to the task. He recruited me into the party back in 2015, and I have had the pleasure of knowing him. Together, me, Windjammer, and every laborites, we should all work together. Rebuilding begins now.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »

RESULTS - JUNE-JULY LEADERSHIP ELECTION
Windjammer : 12
Tim Turner : 3

Windjammer has been elected Chair of the Labor Party
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2017, 01:17:27 PM »

Also, a reminder to the incoming Labor Congressional Caucus that an election for the office of Congressional Leader needs to happen before the 7th Congress convenes next Friday. For those of you who haven't memorized the bylaws, the Congressional Leader acts as a combined floor leader and Congressional whip, as well our party's official candidate for Speaker of the House whenever we are the majority party.

In order to be elected Congressional Leader, a candidate must:

(a) Be a registered member of the Labor Party; AND
(b) Be an elected member of the House of Representatives

In order to vote in the election for Congressional Leader, an elector must:

(1a) Be a registered member of the Labor Party, OR
(2a) Be an independent who has pledged to support a majority of the Labor Party program in Congress; AND

(1b) Be an elected member of the House of Representatives, OR
(2b) Be an elected member of the Senate
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2017, 07:03:02 PM »

Thank you all.

So it's time to work!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2017, 09:10:35 PM »

Congrats on Windjammer being named as our party's new chair.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »

Obviously, it is important to not do that all alone.

So I hereby appoint 3 regional coordinators:
-Truman for Fremont
-Scott for Lincoln
-Peebs for South

I intend to work closely with them for election stuff, recruitment in their region etc etc.

If anyone want to be involved in party GOVT operation in the future, please PM me. I don't plan to be chair for a long time so I want to transmit my knowledge of this game for party GOVT operation before I go back to retirement again. Biggest mistake Griffin and I made was to have run the party for 2 years by being a duo, and not having tried to incorporate more members in the leadership who would have then succeeded us, a mistake I don't plan to make again.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2017, 11:26:36 PM »

So I hereby appoint 3 regional coordinators:
-Truman for Fremont
-Scott for Lincoln
-Peebs for South
Good picks tbh.

I congratulate Windjammer on his election as Labor Chair.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2017, 06:06:06 PM »

There is a vacancy in the House and I must appoint someone. So anyone interested please let me know by PM.
WJ
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2017, 04:04:19 AM »

How would the party feel about expanding the Congressional caucus so that senators have a role in it as well?  The left has had a de facto majority in the Senate for some time now and I'm running for PPT in the next session.  I think it would be appropriate for us to elect party leadership for Senate the same way we do for House.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2017, 04:20:19 AM »

How would the party feel about expanding the Congressional caucus so that senators have a role in it as well?  The left has had a de facto majority in the Senate for some time now and I'm running for PPT in the next session.  I think it would be appropriate for us to elect party leadership for Senate the same way we do for House.

I would note that as of this time we have yet to successfully give any purpose to said positions. The Caucus positions were the ones I cooked up February, Peebs copied them and has done a better job keeping them filled, but beyond that have served little to no purpose, though both Labor and Feds have integrated them into the bylaws.

Also, if you are going to go with Caucuses for the Senate, I would advise they be separate from the House one because the nature of the House and Senate are different both in who they represent and the organizational premise.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2017, 04:34:05 AM »

Honestly,
You all do whatever you want, this kind of things is so irrelevant anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies