Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:27:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine XI: The Atlas Forum Demilitarized Zone  (Read 193804 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: March 31, 2009, 02:11:13 AM »
« edited: March 31, 2009, 10:57:06 AM by px75 »

I'd hold my nose & vote for the three conservatives, though it would be much easier if they threw Stark under the bus, seriously.

Stark isn't a conservative, but apart from that I agree with you.

I am a CENTRIST!

I don't have credibility issues, therefore I don't require 'proof'.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »

My personal favorite:

Go penetrate yourself in improper places.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »

No, he isn't. I'm states rights, but I can't stand him.

He isn't known for being states rights, anyway.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 01:33:05 AM »

Who is Perez Hilton?  Is that like the Mexican Paris Hilton?

Blubby came out swinging tonight.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 01:14:18 AM »

Was John McCain really our nominee?  Damn, that's scary to think about.  Damn.  I don't know what to think.  It's like .... whoa.  John McCain.  No way.  President McCain. Whoa.

Sigh. Somebody found the weed stash again...
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »

I never made a prediction, I just said he was the frontrunner for the nom.  Hell, I'm semi-working for one of Terry's Democratic opponents and I would never cast a vote for Terry myself ... I'd rather stay home

You're working for him all the way from Ireland?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 04:16:51 PM »

"You are the face of the Republican party."

Yes!  Smiley

If some gay dude is the face of the Republican party, we're in a lot of trouble.

We don't know if he's gay. He's just a happy person. I really like him. He is a staunch conservative, who is doing more as a Freshman than most of the old farts are doing. I hope he is the face of the Republican Party. Maybe it will help us win over the women vote. Wink
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »

I just don't see how you can call yourself a libertarian while you associate with the most anti-libertarian of the two major parties.  Seems a sort of contradiction in terms if you ask me.  I do agree with you however that this a stupid attack.  What people should be focusing on is how Obama couldn't stop laughing two nights ago over Rush Limbaugh dying of kidney failure.  Now, if someone called Obama a traitor of the country and wished death on him (which is a delightful thing to think about), there would be an outcry and that person would be crucified by the media.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 12:40:34 AM »

Judy Chu (Dem)   15,338   31.90%
Rafael F. Nadal (Dem)   177   0.37%

Roger Federer could learn a thing or two from Judy Chu.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »

He should have been President for the last 8 years.  I think the country would have gone a great leap ahead and avoided a lot of problems if he had complete free rein over the country.  I know he had more power than most veeps but I think Bush held him back.  don't get me wrong Bush was a great man.  But at times his spending got out of hand and he was a bit to much of a bleeding heart.  Cheney is TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH.  One thing this country does NOT need is a president who is a pussy.  Like Carter was and like Obama seems to be now.

Still, to be totally fair I can't see Cheney beating even a loser like Obama.  He will be so demonized and characatured by the liberal dominated press he would never get a fair shake. Better to start fresh

A real gem of a post, both for content and grammar/spelling.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 03:34:52 PM »

It is hard for me to talk about her personally (I've never met her), but the decisions of hers that I have read strike me as unimpressive.

Barring something weird that we don't know, she is certainly qualified for the position of SC justice.  I just wouldn't expect anything magnificent out of her (in terms of USSC) and the "liberals" better hope that the Rosen piece about her being a bullier is not true, as that is undoubtedly something that would not work well with Kennedy.

If there was a prize for ''Most Condescending Post of the Year'', that would be the early frontrunner.

If there was an award for "Biggest f****t" on this board, you might win too and I'd even consider that quite impressive.

Condescending AND a homophobe.
It keeps getting better.

I'm willing to bet you probably pee on your neighbor's lawn in the middle of the night while she's sleeping too.

Does she only get angry when you miss and hit her pet Chihuahua instead?

I don't understand what the poet means but the optics are indeed funny.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 03:49:39 PM »

Next time you lose an argument, don't post it in the comedy goldmine to save face.

Am I supposed to feel intimidated now?

Uh, Sam had to resort to calling somebody a f****t again, so I think you've reached the wrong conclusion about who 'lost'.

Apparently homophobia is endorsed by some people I never expected.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »

Next time you lose an argument, don't post it in the comedy goldmine to save face.

Uh, Sam had to resort to calling somebody a f****t again, so I think you've reached the wrong conclusion about who 'lost'.

Calling someone condescending without offering an argument loses you the argument even if you get a slur back in exchange. And my point was rather that it's poor taste to not respond to someone's point and instead post it as a joke.

And, no, px75, you're not supposed to feel intimidated. You're supposed to quit the trolling and grow up.

(and the f****t stuff isn't relevant. I don't endorse that, but it wasn't really the point here anyway)

I'm sorry to say that, but the last sentence shows that if there is anyone who missed the point, that's you.

And as the other folks mentioned, calling Sam condescending isn't exactly a once-in-a-lifetime event.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »

The comedy goldmine is not supposed to be a way of carrying your personal grudges forward. If you want to debate Sam on whatever do it in the thread you were in. Don't clutter up this thread with "LOL look how stupidly he responded to my arguments"

I might have given you the benefit of the doubt if you hadn't acted like such a confrontational jerk elsewhere.

And who says that I posted his answer in order to humiliate him?
I mentioned that I found genuinely funny the optics of his post. If you fail to understand the fact that I meant what I wrote, then that's your problem, not mine.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 03:32:01 AM »

What's wrong with homophobia?  If you say I can't hate someone just because they're a homosexual, then you're a racist.
Actually no, because I wouldn't be hating you because of your race but rather your stupid, inane views on a group of people.

My views are hardly stupid or inane.  I don't like gays because they refuse to worship life, wrap themselves into political webs, and are generally hate-filled, vindictive, and intolerant.

My position is well-informed and based in the facts.  Yours is not.  However, I respect your views, however misinformed they are.  I am the true liberal here.  You are just a pale imitation of the "bigots" you so hate.

You make Republican look bad, are you sure your not Sarah Palin's little brother?

I was unaware that Sarah Palin had a little brother.  But is it not my right to not like gay people?  Come to think of it, I like happy people and most gay people I meet aren't very happy (usually because they're sick with AIDS). 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 02:02:41 AM »

It is hard for me to talk about her personally (I've never met her), but the decisions of hers that I have read strike me as unimpressive.

Barring something weird that we don't know, she is certainly qualified for the position of SC justice.  I just wouldn't expect anything magnificent out of her (in terms of USSC) and the "liberals" better hope that the Rosen piece about her being a bullier is not true, as that is undoubtedly something that would not work well with Kennedy.

If there was a prize for ''Most Condescending Post of the Year'', that would be the early frontrunner.

If there was an award for "Biggest f****t" on this board, you might win too and I'd even consider that quite impressive.

Hey, be careful my friend. I posted the same thing a couple of pages back and was reprimanded by Gustaf.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 03:24:41 AM »

Hey, be careful my friend. I posted the same thing a couple of pages back and was reprimanded by Gustaf.

lol! Why do you care what Gustaf says?

I don't. I was trying to be facetious.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 04:09:41 AM »

That you consider calling someone a f****t a legitimate argument?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 05:20:50 PM »

Bachmann  rocks ....but Pawlenty wouldn't pick her. For many reasons.

But Bachmann is really cool IMO.
Totally! I love Bachmann as well. She, is an inspiration. To anyone who wants to dream. She's made some mistakes, but that's human. Her beauty shines on the world like a ray of sun.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 06:11:20 PM »

Continued from previous post.

She's good looking too.  Have you ever noticed how the liberal women are almost all ugly or fats?  Barbara Mikskulski is HIDEOUS.  I had a neat collage sent to me by a freind a while ago pictureing all the prominent left wing politicians and talking heads and almost every one of them was sickeningly ugly or fat.

Conservatives in thier own collage were all good looking.  ANyone checked out Monica crowley lately.  My GOD she is a hottie.  I wonder why there are so few good looking democrat women
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 03:39:10 PM »

Well, this eloquent and carefully crafted response certainly changed my mind.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »

Intermoderate posted the beginning of said eloquent and carefully crafted response.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 05:24:12 PM »

I swear to God, I haven't laughed that hard for months.

God bless you for serving.  Try not to get too discouraged with our crappy excuse of a commander in chief.  We know the troops are still the best even if they are being lead by cowards and appeasers.

I guess you can't serve because of ''Don't ask, don't tell".

What?  you are the one who is lite in the loafers with your liberal views and peacenicking.  And why did you feel you had to attack me in a thread devoted to honoring one of our own members here who is serving american and protecting your lazy ass from terror.  Shame on you pbx.  <ignore>

Hey, I didn't attack you Coburn. As a matter of fact I sympathize with you. I can feel your pain, wanting to serve your country but not being able to, because of your sexual preference.

It's OK to be gay Coburn. This forum is a very tolerant place. Don't feel intimidated. 

I am not gay and if you presist in saying that I will report you to Dave Leip and the moderators.

Playing hard to get?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »

Well, thank God I saved it here for the future generations.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 10:08:46 AM »

DEEDS LEEDS MCDONELL BLEEDS THE RACE PROCEEDS UNTIL ONE OF THEM CONCEEDS AND THE OTHER SUCCEEDS
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies