Pew polls the world on opinions of the US, China, etc. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:12:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Pew polls the world on opinions of the US, China, etc. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pew polls the world on opinions of the US, China, etc.  (Read 4102 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: July 16, 2014, 08:59:58 PM »

Tue fact that Pakistanis hate America as much as India and fear us more really shows how bad our foreign policy really is.

Are you arguing that we shouldn't have killed Bin Laden?
No, but just about everything else we've done has been horrible. The drone strikes, the interventions in the Tribal Regions, etc. And I do think that we could have handled the UBL raid better, but his death is enough for me to shove my principles under the rug.

These guys we hit in NW Frontier and tribals arent exactly playing pattycake and the Pakistani government vacillates on how serious they combat the AQ, Talib, Haqqani etc. Further, we all know the ISI plays a cynical game. Much rather hit them where they plan and contain it before it reaches here.  Do we kill innocents, of course.  Have we handled everything deftly, of course not.  I also don't think we can afford to be passive and trust the Pakistani government to keep their house in order.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:58:36 PM »

The ISI supported the Pakistani Taliban as much as the CIA did. It turned out be unfortunate for both countries.

The mujahideen of the Soviet era are not synonymous with the Taliban. Some became Northern Alliance, some Taliban. The US was gone from the scene by the time the Taliban formed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies