Jeff Weaver: Fanning the Flames
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 02:24:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jeff Weaver: Fanning the Flames
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jeff Weaver: Fanning the Flames  (Read 642 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2016, 09:55:40 PM »

Here's an excerpt of his most recent communiqué to supporters via e-mail:

"Apologies in advance for the salty language used by the Clinton campaign, but we think it's important for you to know this. Last night Politico reported that a "senior Clinton aide" said that if Senator Bernie Sanders didn't "tone it down" in the campaign, then "f--k him."

This is going in the completely wrong direction in my opinion... sigh.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 10:58:03 PM »

I think Jeff Weaver has just about lost his mind.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 11:22:34 PM »

Weaver and Devine are obviously embroiled in a struggle over the future course of the campaign. As a true believer, Weaver wants to push forward all the way to the convention and fulfill his goal of changing or destroying the Democratic Party as it is, and that Devine, who has been through many quixotic progressive uprisings throughout his career, wants to wind this things down after Tuesday, knowing first hand how the convention will go down. It seems like Weaver was the architect of the failed New York strategy and it was him that totally bungled the all important expectations game, casting it as a must win contest. Devine, a veteran of bitterly disappointing primary battles, is always much more cautious with one foot pointed towards the current battle and the other towards a soft as possible landing after this campaign inevitably reaches its conclusion. Weaver, of course has no future at all in the party, especially after making a total fool of himself repeatedly this cycle.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 11:35:55 PM »

Imagine if Captain Smith (Weaver) had decided to just keep the Titanic (Bernie) going full speed ahead even after hitting the iceberg (Hillary).  That's what is happening here.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 11:35:55 PM »

Weaver and Devine are obviously embroiled in a struggle over the future course of the campaign. As a true believer, Weaver wants to push forward all the way to the convention and fulfill his goal of changing or destroying the Democratic Party as it is, and that Devine, who has been through many quixotic progressive uprisings throughout his career, wants to wind this things down after Tuesday, knowing first hand how the convention will go down. It seems like Weaver was the architect of the failed New York strategy and it was him that totally bungled the all important expectations game, casting it as a must win contest. Devine, a veteran of bitterly disappointing primary battles, is always much more cautious with one foot pointed towards the current battle and the other towards a soft as possible landing after this campaign inevitably reaches its conclusion. Weaver, of course has no future at all in the party, especially after making a total fool of himself repeatedly this cycle.

That's a good point, Weaver truly has nothing to lose.  Devine is behaving like a normal rational man.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 11:42:32 PM »

Ugh, I hope Sanders listens to Devine more than Weaver...
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 11:45:57 PM »

It's clear and has been for a while, Weaver is in this for himself and trying to establish himself as some kind of beacon for the left of the party (or in this case, not the party) and set up gigs from here to eternity.

A-men.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 11:47:48 PM »

YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 11:49:41 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2016, 11:51:16 PM by YPestis25 »

Not gonna lie, I laughed for a good 15 seconds at that.

But yeah.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 01:09:53 AM »

Weaver should return to his comic-book store and never come close to a Democratic campaign again.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 01:14:35 AM »

He's gunning really hard for that scorched earth-style campaign, which benefits absolutely no one.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 01:58:05 AM »

He's gunning really hard for that scorched earth-style campaign, which benefits absolutely no one.

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 02:24:47 AM »

After the successful Sanders Revolution of 2017, I suspect Weaver will work his way into a position of great power, while Devine will increasingly be viewed as an enemy of the state and an revisionist of true Sanderian doctrine. Eventually, Devine will be forced to flee for his life, while Weaver begins enacting widespread purges of those associated with him. Mark my words, "insufficient vigilance" will be the phrase on everyone's lips come the 2030s.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies