Opinion of New York Yankees
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:24:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of New York Yankees
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the New York Yankees
Freedom Franchise

Horrible Franchise

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Opinion of New York Yankees  (Read 935 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 09:14:17 PM »

You either hate them, or you love them. I certainly don't love them.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2016, 09:27:47 PM »

If you're gonna argue like that, you must include the Reds (The Cueto/LaRue incident), Giants (Marichal/Roseboro), and White Sox (never forget 1919). Point is, every team has a bad moment. And to your other point, I've lived in New York City my entire life and I can't stand the team and their asshole supporters. And I'm totally cool with the Mets.

I've never understood why so many New Yorkers hate the Yankees but love the Mets. They are teams from the same city. Because there's two of them do people feel they can pick and choose? It doesn't seem right to hate your hometown team. Maybe some like the Mets more because they're the underdog, but that doesn't make the Yankees the Great Satan.

What makes the supporters "a*****"? Is it that Yankees fans are seen as more Italian or working class? I don't know the answer but I find the hatred of the team to go beyond mere sports rivalries.

Every sports team from Massachusetts is a garbage team.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2016, 09:35:00 PM »

If you're gonna argue like that, you must include the Reds (The Cueto/LaRue incident), Giants (Marichal/Roseboro), and White Sox (never forget 1919). Point is, every team has a bad moment. And to your other point, I've lived in New York City my entire life and I can't stand the team and their asshole supporters. And I'm totally cool with the Mets.

I've never understood why so many New Yorkers hate the Yankees but love the Mets. They are teams from the same city. Because there's two of them do people feel they can pick and choose? It doesn't seem right to hate your hometown team. Maybe some like the Mets more because they're the underdog, but that doesn't make the Yankees the Great Satan.

What makes the supporters "a*****"? Is it that Yankees fans are seen as more Italian or working class? I don't know the answer but I find the hatred of the team to go beyond mere sports rivalries.

I am a Cincinnati Reds fan, friend. Yankees fans are generally much more arrogant and insufferable than any other sports teams. Why does this have anything to do with "Italians" or whatever classist thing you're trying to turn this in to.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 05:13:16 AM »

The worst teams in baseball are the Red Sox (Pedro Martinez attacked Don Zimmer on the field) and the Atlanta Braves (John Rocker's infamous rant against NYC).
While I mostly agree on the worst part, those are kind of silly reasons.  You can't blame the entire organization for the actions of one player, you'd have to hate every team then.  Hate the Braves because WTBS and sh**tty, bandwagon fans.  You know, they failed to sell out PLAYOFF games in the 90s.  That's right.  Playoff gameS, did not sell out in Atlanta.  St Louis sells out regular season games in June.  And the traffic sucks.  And they keep building new stadiums.

The Red Sox suck because of their fans general attitude and how they treated Buckner and the aforementioned last to integrate business.

And I sent Wade Boggs a baseball card to sign in care of the Boston Red Sox in 1987 and I never got it back.Sad
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 05:16:29 AM »

I don't really hate the Celtics or the Bruins.  I was a fan of Cam Newton and Larry Legend...and Sam Malone Wink  Carlton Fisk was good too , and of course Yaz...who was that crazy pitcher in the 80s?.....Oil Can Loyd? Boyd? Floyd?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2016, 11:00:47 PM »

The Yankees just lost to the Red Sox in a four game sweep at Fenway. A lot of New Yorkers are upset.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 10:52:15 PM »

The Yankees are an iconic symbol of America, like Chevrolet or hot dogs.  And I like that the Yankees don't allow players to have long hair.  Too bad that other teams let their players look like idiots. 
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2016, 10:57:49 PM »

I can assure you the Yankees have the classiest fanbase in almost all of professional sports as the Met fans take the lesser half of the city away.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2016, 05:13:29 PM »

The Yankees are the greatest sports team in American history. Hands down, bar none.

The Mets need to be ejected and sent somewhere known for housing losers, like New Jersey.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2016, 05:16:49 PM »

The Yankees are the greatest sports team in American history. Hands down, bar none.

The Mets need to be ejected and sent somewhere known for housing losers, like New Jersey.
The Mets ruled in the Dwight Gooden/Darryl Strawberry era of the 80s.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »

One decade and two world series. That sort of shameful record is unbefitting a New York team.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2016, 09:38:57 PM »

I am a Cincinnati Reds fan, friend. Yankees fans are generally much more arrogant and insufferable than any other sports teams. Why does this have anything to do with "Italians" or whatever classist thing you're trying to turn this in to.

I wasn't trying to turn it into anything, I am trying to figure out where this illogical hatred of only the Yankees comes from. You don't see people complaining about any other team's payroll.

The Italian thing was because many Yankees fans & New Yorkers are of Italian descent, especially on Staten Island, Long Island and the Hudson Valley.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2016, 07:31:07 AM »

To be fair, they just embraced cocaine more than most teams did in that era.  Cocaine, unlike weed, is a performance enhancing drug.

Then there was that time Doc Ellis threw a no-hitter while dosing on LSD.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2016, 07:33:08 AM »

I wasn't trying to turn it into anything, I am trying to figure out where this illogical hatred of only the Yankees comes from. You don't see people complaining about any other team's payroll.
Red Sox fans, at least in my experience, are much more insufferable than Yankee fan....but I'm probably a little biased.  Baseball fans in general are less dickish than say, football fans.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies