Christianity the most persecuted religion in the world - including in Europe (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:36:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Christianity the most persecuted religion in the world - including in Europe (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christianity the most persecuted religion in the world - including in Europe  (Read 3691 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 16, 2017, 12:47:18 PM »

I know about the persecution that is going on (especially in the Middle East and North Africa). What should be done to get the Greek and Assyrian genocide that started in 1914 recognized in California (my home state)?

Contact your state representative, state senator, governor, US Senators, mayor, anyone you can.

Alternatively, start a PAC whose goal it is to get those genocides recognized and acknowledged, and donate a bunch of money to individual politicians.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 12:54:25 PM »

And I would say that inside the US, there is no persecution of Christians (though there was attempted genocide of the Mormons back in the 1830s-40s, and if the Utah War had gone bad, there would have been a genocide there as well).

In China, the Middle East, parts of Africa, and regarding the non-Orthodox Christians in Russia, I completely agree that there's persecution and in the case of the Middle East, genocide.

Also recently in Venezuela there was the case of a Mormon man who went there to marry a native Venezuelan Mormon woman he met online, and he was put into prison for suspicion of links to the CIA and gun-running, which could be connected to the stereotype of Mormon connections to the CIA and FBI. The Mormon guy seems to be completely innocent of the charges, and solely put into prison because of his religion. I haven't seen an institutional persecution of Mormons in Venezuela though.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »

Are you being serious? Because centuries of Christian dominance in Europe would tell you otherwise.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 11:47:29 PM »

And I would say that inside the US, there is no persecution of Christians (though there was attempted genocide of the Mormons back in the 1830s-40s, and if the Utah War had gone bad, there would have been a genocide there as well).

In China, the Middle East, parts of Africa, and regarding the non-Orthodox Christians in Russia, I completely agree that there's persecution and in the case of the Middle East, genocide.

Also recently in Venezuela there was the case of a Mormon man who went there to marry a native Venezuelan Mormon woman he met online, and he was put into prison for suspicion of links to the CIA and gun-running, which could be connected to the stereotype of Mormon connections to the CIA and FBI. The Mormon guy seems to be completely innocent of the charges, and solely put into prison because of his religion. I haven't seen an institutional persecution of Mormons in Venezuela though.
Is this really a stereotype?
Yes, for example it's well-known enough in developing countries that in Venezuela, a guy who came there to marry a girl he met online was imprisoned and called a "gun runner" and "CIA agent". The only indication he was anything close to that? He was a Mormon.

And McMullin isn't the only Mormon CIA guy by far; there's a few stories of Reagan and possibly the Bushes preferring Mormon CIA agents to non-Mormon ones, if they could get them.

Turns out people who are frequently bilingual, and are non-drinkers and ludicrously patriotic do very well in that line of work.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies