Northeast Assembly Thread II (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:38:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread II (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread II  (Read 44691 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: February 01, 2013, 10:27:58 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, do remember while the first to propose moving the capital, I favoured a greenfield site, one near Walden, NY if I recall correctly. I have always been hesitant about using the capital for purposes of economic revitalisation; such a move would likely displace, not empower, the local people. In an extreme case like Camden, we'd see mass displacement, the intensification of local tensions, and several areas of uneven development. For a city like Buffalo, which is healthier economically, it would supplement and stimulate local businesses, because they're mature and complex enough to interact with the sort of climate an administrative center.

Also remember we've already begun to relocate several government institutions to Buffalo, such as the regional university and the Governor's School. New York is far too expensive a city to maintain our government in-we're best off selling our properties for the inevitable windfall.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies