Fake billionaire Trump bashes real billionaire "little Bloomberg" on Twitter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:40:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Fake billionaire Trump bashes real billionaire "little Bloomberg" on Twitter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fake billionaire Trump bashes real billionaire "little Bloomberg" on Twitter  (Read 1553 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« on: July 30, 2016, 06:05:52 AM »
« edited: July 30, 2016, 06:10:37 AM by jaichind »

I haven't seen any actual evidence to suggest Trump isn't actually a billionaire, first things first.

Otherwise, what a joke. Bloomberg is everything Trump claims to be-- a self-made entrepreneur, someone with a net worth in the tens of billions and (still!) rising, a generous philanthropist, a successful politician, in-demand in the most rarefied parts of Society. Bloomie has done everything Trump wishes he could, so he's left to knock Bloomberg, like a child, on the only thing he can-- his height. I bet every night, Trump goes to sleep wishing he was like Bloomberg, Buffett, the Kochs, Li Ka-Shing, and so forth; that he lived up to his own hype.

Bloomberg's last term as mayor was the exact opposite of a disaster, and if he actually ran for Mayor again (which he could, given that NYC term limits apply to consecutive terms) as I dearly wish he would, he would handily defeat de Blasio in a rout.

Well, for one thing, Bloomberg's own Billionaires Index estimates Trump's net worth to be $3 billion.  As for the rest I would agree with you on many points.  Trump's business prowess is not in the same league as people like Bloomberg, Buffet, Li Ka-Shing etc etc.  And yes, I mostly backed a 3 Bloomberg terms which now seems like paradise compared to the disasters under  de Blasio.

BTW, Bloomberg Billionaires Index has the following breakdown for Trump's net worth

Golf Courses and Resort Properties             $710.0M
725 Fifth Avenue                                      $600.0M
Vornado Partnership                                  $590.0M
40 Wall Street                                           $540.0M
6 East 57th Street                                    $520.0M
Other Properties                                        $220.0M
502 Park Avenue                                       $170.0M
Cash & Other Assets                                  $170.0M
Aircraft                                                       $65.0M
Washington hotel                                        $60.0M
Misc Liabilities                                          $-630.0M

This most likely underestimates Trump's net worth as it does not include goodwill.  If Trump's assets were part of a publicly traded company then the trading value will be higher than book value which would boost his net worth some more. Forbes's $5 billion estimate take that approach instead of the Bloomberg book value approach.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 06:29:19 AM »

I do not think Trump's attack on Bloomberg is smart of effective.  If he wanted to attack Bloomberg he should focus on the Globalist and Cosmopolitanism nature of Bloomberg the person as well as the Bloomberg business.  Everyday Trump wakes up in the morning he must say to himself "What am I doing today to turn out non-evangelical low educated low income Whites."  Attacking Bloomberg's record as mayor does not do that.  Attacking Bloomberg's global finance based business model is the way to do it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies