Hughento (Secretary of External Affairs) Confirmation Hearing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:45:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Hughento (Secretary of External Affairs) Confirmation Hearing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hughento (Secretary of External Affairs) Confirmation Hearing  (Read 8690 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: November 20, 2006, 07:46:52 AM »

May I ask the nominee:
Why do you want the job?
What do you hope to achieve during your tenure?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 03:08:36 PM »

I thank the nominee for his responses. Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 08:44:14 AM »

Aye
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 09:54:10 AM »

I think the hearing suffered in part due to the lack of questioning on issues of foreign and defence policy in comparison to previous hearings. I don't believe Phil's intervention was productive to that effect.

I don't believe this to be accurate. The Nay voters didn't outline any objections to this nominee at all. If they were concerned over hugh's foreign and defence policy stances, they surely would have questioned him in this regard.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 01:12:36 PM »

I think the hearing suffered in part due to the lack of questioning on issues of foreign and defence policy in comparison to previous hearings. I don't believe Phil's intervention was productive to that effect.

I don't believe this to be accurate. The Nay voters didn't outline any objections to this nominee at all. If they were concerned over hugh's foreign and defence policy stances, they surely would have questioned him in this regard.

That's partly the point I was making. Very few questions were asked because the hearing was sidetracked. Had the proceedings run more smoothly I'm sure such issues would have been touched apon.

Possibly, but it was always still open to Senators to question until the vote was called.

It still remains very unclear, to me, why exactly the no votes were lodged. No explanation has been given by any of the pertinant Senators in this regard. Until otherwise asserted, I can only assume that it was Phil's intervention which swung the votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies