Coca-Cola makes cute ad, racist far-right idiots lose their [inks] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:33:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Coca-Cola makes cute ad, racist far-right idiots lose their [inks] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these racist tweets is your favorite?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Coca-Cola makes cute ad, racist far-right idiots lose their [inks]  (Read 7902 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: February 03, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »

I'm wondering what advantage people like to see in a country that would have multiple languages spoken and accepted in it.

Let's force everybody that crosses the border to abandon their cultures and languages completely so life is easier for us hard working Americans
...yes....sounds fine with me.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 05:04:40 PM »

I feel like we should remind all of these idiots who are threatening to switch over to Pepsi that Pepsi supports marriage equality.

Dr. Pepper? vomits
This is an outrage! Doctor Pepper has the initials DP-same as Doctor Paul. Therefore, automatic Freedom Drink!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:35:58 PM »

If the USA ever get's a Latino plurality, it'll be far better for it.

No. I mean look at the countries with existing Latino pluralities. Mexico, Columbia, etc. Are they happy countries? A clue: no. Seriously, what is this desire for ethnic change... Can't we just go back to the good old days when the population was 85 percent white and the country gave Ronald Reagan 59 percent of the vote. Such days... looks dramatically off into the middle distance
Can we please ban Cassius? This coddled twerp is just a reminder that there are people with horrifying opinions.
If we are going to be banning racists, you probably will end up on the chopping block in a matter of weeks.

I'm wondering what advantage people like to see in a country that would have multiple languages spoken and accepted in it.
oh idk maybe because language is the central vehicle of cultural expression that allows communities to maintain historical tradition and some people would like to see these communities maintained rather than destroyed by xenophobic and oppressive language laws. this is a very American opinion of mine.
This is of course true to a degree, and is one of the reasons why the ethnic enclaves of the United States are so culturally valued. But there is a difference between ethnic enclaves and showcasing America as a bilingual nation. Our national motto has a meaning that should be taken a bit more literally.

And can someone explain to me why conservatives are so paranoid about English not being the official language? Obviously these people don't live in the real America because even in diverse places you are going to need a lingua franca, and that is going to be English. Even in a place like Los Angeles County, where white people are a minority, the majority of people don't know Spanish. There may be certain communities where just Spanish, or Mandarin is spoken, but the community at large is still going to need English to communicate. The only place in America where that would be different would be Puerto Rico, if it were to ever become a state. And it probably won't for this very reason.
I agree with this one hundred percent.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 08:36:50 PM »

If the USA ever get's a Latino plurality, it'll be far better for it.

No. I mean look at the countries with existing Latino pluralities. Mexico, Columbia, etc. Are they happy countries? A clue: no. Seriously, what is this desire for ethnic change... Can't we just go back to the good old days when the population was 85 percent white and the country gave Ronald Reagan 59 percent of the vote. Such days... looks dramatically off into the middle distance
Can we please ban Cassius? This coddled twerp is just a reminder that there are people with horrifying opinions.
If we are going to be banning racists, you probably will end up on the chopping block in a matter of weeks.

oh idk maybe because language is the central vehicle of cultural expression that allows communities to maintain historical tradition and some people would like to see these communities maintained rather than destroyed by xenophobic and oppressive language laws. this is a very American opinion of mine.
This is of course true to a degree, and is one of the reasons why the ethnic enclaves of the United States are so culturally valued. But there is a difference between ethnic enclaves and showcasing America as a bilingual nation. Our national motto has a meaning that should be taken a bit more literally.

Sanchez, your last point in this post is good, but I'm curious as to why you're going down the lines of argument articulated in your first two points, based on what you've admitted in the past. Especially the point I bolded.
I don't hate other people for speaking other languages, and furthermore, I never felt during my white nationalist days that the opinions of non white people on white nationalism were somehow lesser, mainly because I felt a majority of people in other races held the same ethno-nationalist views I did. My “accusations” against DeadFlagBlues is his frequent use of deriding opponents on various issues because they are of a different race and thus do not understand his point of view. That may be true, but it still doesn’t make his Hispanic perspective anymore insightful or interesting than my white opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies