The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:25:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 206029 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 27, 2014, 07:51:09 PM »

Hard to name two presidents that did more to set the country down such a negative path. I went with Reagan, if only because Bush is probably the worst president in nearly 150 years.
The complete disregard for objective historical analysis in this post makes my head hurt.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 07:11:53 PM »

That's conterminous with his party. There is nothing to see here.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 08:28:21 PM »

Who named this after me again? Angry
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 06:41:17 AM »

Perhaps one of the most ridiculous and utterly laughable posts I've ever seen:
Jackson is criticized for the IRA, but Lincoln is praised by you guys even though he caused a war murdering 600,000 Americans and didn't care about slavery? Lol ok
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 07:45:47 PM »

Birth control: Acceptable. (Not Cory Gardner)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 03:27:24 PM »

Context:
Racism and sexism (whether of the conscious or unconscious variety) are the most obvious explanations.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 07:51:03 AM »

It was already going to be really close when factoring in the terrible situation of polls over-estimating Democrat support as of late and the notorious instance of practically every Southern undecided voter breaking for the Republican at the end of the day, but I think this has now cost Edwards the election.

People really underestimate the amount to which bigoted white Southerners loved to be wooed with dog-whistling politics. This particular issue just so happens to combine them all (racism, xenophobia, religious bigotry, etc). Rubes in Louisiana are just orgasming everywhere right now, now that they've been given in their eyes a concrete reason to oppose Edwards.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:07 PM »

Minorities won't vote for the GOP due to identity politics stoked by Democrats.  That's really the main thing

No, it's because the Republican base is racist. And before you say anything else, Donald Trump.

Independent lefties vote D, independent righties vote R. Which should we fear more, the Sandernista gulags or the TRUMP concentration camps?
What's absurd about this?  It's more true than most of us would like to think.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 07:47:34 AM »

Do I pick the person who supported Pol Pot, fascist dictatorships, mujaheddin, strike-breaking hard working workers, a person with horrible economic polices which destroyed unions and the working class, some who bought Reaganomics, increased taxes on the middle class (being a liar if I will say) as well as some-one who was completely negligent about Iran-Contra, or a person who bought peace, installed solar panels and had integrity in government. Hmm Hard Choice, Carter, who is the best president since Eisenhower.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 07:03:39 AM »

McKinley's actually supported Jim Crow laws, or the elite renaming in south, in order to gain votes from businessman who feared Bryan. He did nothing to address exclusion of black people in the south and did nothing about lynchings in the south. Bryan was horrible on race as well, as evident in his backtracking of statements on racial equality to appease Ben Tillman, but the republicans actually had a strong contingent of WASP wings, and racial violence against immigrants, so all I'm saying is that both parties were (post 1896) horrible on race. Besides Republicans were probably more xenophobic than democrats anyway. Though racism is worse than xenophobia.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 06:52:12 AM »

Jeez. The racists and the neocons are really coming out of the wood work in this poll.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 12:13:50 PM »

Jennifer Grahholm was amazing. You should be grateful. Wink
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 07:46:05 PM »

when Lehman went bankrupt and the world was in panic, McCain acted like an unstable old man by suspending his campaign so he can return to DC to work on the problem.  Of course, McCain knows very little about the economy and added no value when he went back to DC.  In contrast, Obama exuded a sense of calm leadership, even temperament, and good judgment.  It of course did not hurt that Obama decisively won all 3 debates against the old mumbling McCain.  If it weren't for those grievous errors, McCain's margin of defeat would have been more like 3-4 points nationally rather than 7.2 points.  And he would have won IN, NC, FL, NE 02, and the GOP would have done better in the congressional races as well.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 09:23:48 AM »

when Lehman went bankrupt and the world was in panic, McCain acted like an unstable old man by suspending his campaign so he can return to DC to work on the problem.  Of course, McCain knows very little about the economy and added no value when he went back to DC.  In contrast, Obama exuded a sense of calm leadership, even temperament, and good judgment.  It of course did not hurt that Obama decisively won all 3 debates against the old mumbling McCain.  If it weren't for those grievous errors, McCain's margin of defeat would have been more like 3-4 points nationally rather than 7.2 points.  And he would have won IN, NC, FL, NE 02, and the GOP would have done better in the congressional races as well.

Wrong thread.
No, right thread.  I though McCain was smart to put the country ahead of politics after the financial crisis.  I get tired of the hyper-partisanship of this post, which basically says that Obama was nothing but good and McCain was nothing but bad.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 05:19:15 PM »

Wrong thread.
No, right thread.  I though McCain was smart to put the country ahead of politics after the financial crisis.  I get tired of the hyper-partisanship of this post, which basically says that Obama was nothing but good and McCain was nothing but bad.

This isn't a place to post things you politically disagree with. That alone is not what makes a post bad.
What makes it bad is the fact that it makes it look like Obama could do nothing wrong and McCain could do nothing right.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 05:20:30 PM »

I agree.  Liberals care more about illegal immigrants than its own citizens.  We have a President who has expressed more outrage at the GOP and the NRA than at radical Muslims who kill people.  This is a President who called the ISIS a "JV squad," refuses to use the term "radical Islam," and called the Fort Hood shooting a case of "workplace violence."  Americans are tired of liberals demonizing white men, accusing them of "white male privilege," and trying to force our daughters/sisters/nieces/wives/moms to use the same bathroom as a confused middle-aged man who thinks he's a "woman." 
How is that absurd?  It's true.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies