Top 5 Favorite Presidents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:40:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Top 5 Favorite Presidents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 5 Favorite Presidents  (Read 11328 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: June 14, 2012, 06:10:51 AM »

1. Franklin Roosevelt
2. Lyndon Johnson
3. Harry Truman
4. John Kennedy
5. Barack Obama

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »

Sure, after the other four listed.  Who would be further left than him other than FDR, Truman, LBJ, and Kennedy?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 03:42:28 PM »

Sure, after the other four listed.  Who would be further left than him other than FDR, Truman, LBJ, and Kennedy?

Since TR, Eisenhower and Nixon were all more left-wing than him, I'm surprised at your choice.

I think that's debatable, and in any case those men were right-of-center in their times, which is no recommendation of their character (in fact I find both TR and Nixon a bit distasteful, but Eisenhower it is true was very acceptable for a Republican).  I think Obama's inclinations are to the left of an Eisenhower, he is just trapped by the horrible new ultra-right reality of american government.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 07:50:58 AM »

1. Franklin Roosevelt
2. Lyndon Johnson
3. Harry Truman
4. John Kennedy
5. Barack Obama

Where is the peanut farmer? It's very unfortunate that he had to be defeated by the man that brought the beginning of the end to America, I thought you would be more sympathetic to him.

Just because Carter was defeated by the worst president in American history doesn't necessarily put him among the top five. I suppose he would be number six - good president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies