The Second Amendment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:50:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The Second Amendment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Second Amendment  (Read 8969 times)
Everett
YaBB God

« on: October 30, 2005, 01:32:53 PM »

You people are so paranoid that the Democrats are trying to take your guns away you are blinded by the way guns plague our society. Its not 1787, times change and most people don't need guns anymore.

That being said, I don't support repealing the 2nd Amendment, just a stricter interpretation of it. Those of us in urban/suburban areas shouldn't have to bear the brunt of a irresponsible gun-loving society.

A stricter interpretation of the 2nd Amendment would result in less gun control, and rightfully so.

A stricter interpretation meaning more restrictions on the right to own guns. I realize that since this is a male-dominated forum my gun views are unpopular, but...............I just have no interest in them and they do more harm than good.
TexasGurl and I are both women and we are both supportive of the right to bear arms. Personally, whilst I cannot currently own a gun (I am not familiar with Californian gun laws and am also still a minor), I plan on acquiring one before moving out. My mother encourages me to have a gun and will likely get one herself after I move out, as she will be alone. If I ever need to subdue a bandit or rapist, I will not sit idly and wait for the police/authorities to arrive after the crime occurs. People who support gun control ramble incessantly about the nightmare of guns, yet I have never heard one strong argument regarding how to deal with house-breakers and criminals without using a weapon of some kind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies