Predict Your College or Alma Mater Presidential vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:51:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Predict Your College or Alma Mater Presidential vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predict Your College or Alma Mater Presidential vote  (Read 5872 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: October 24, 2008, 11:40:46 PM »

University of California,Irvine.

The precinct numbers? I would guess about 84-13 Obama and will probably be the most democratic precinct in OC. Yet we are considered one of the most conservative UC schools. LOL
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 10:14:53 AM »

I applied to 4 colleges, I expect 2 to break for McCain and 2 break for Obama

Which ones would break for Mccain?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »

The precinct numbers? I would guess about 84-13 Obama and will probably be the most democratic precinct in OC. Yet we are considered one of the most conservative UC schools. LOL

UCI and UCSD are conservative relative to other UC's and it may have to do with things like lack of late night partying, drug use, drinking, etc.

Than again... its those Asians.

Actually the amount of drug use here is amazing. I would have thought people don't touch weed here in conservative OC but nope. I know stoners who are hardcore republicans...weird.And of course Newport beach is full of rich cokeheads. I think we are more conservative in the sense that we are more pro-business and don't have stupid protests over bullsh**t like Berkeley or Santa cruz do.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »

UCI and UCSD are conservative relative to other UC's and it may have to do with things like lack of late night partying, drug use, drinking, etc.

Actually the amount of drug use here is amazing. I would have thought people don't touch weed here in conservative OC but nope. I know stoners who are hardcore republicans...weird.And of course Newport beach is full of rich cokeheads. I think we are more conservative in the sense that we are more pro-business and don't have stupid protests over bullsh**t like Berkeley or Santa cruz do.

Lack of hippie culture as well.

Yeah basically.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 04:20:04 PM »

Yeah basically.

College actually trended me towards the right.

lol how did that happen?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 10:41:24 PM »

Yeah basically.

College actually trended me towards the right.

lol how did that happen?

I was associated with some Communist group (RCP, USA) and had some negative reactions to it.

Haha yeah that'll do it. Most democrats in California are much more centrist though..regarding economic policies that is. I could care less how socially liberal someone is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies