Trump administration refuses to implement the Russia sanctions Congress approved
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:37:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump administration refuses to implement the Russia sanctions Congress approved
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump administration refuses to implement the Russia sanctions Congress approved  (Read 2964 times)
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 05:32:43 PM »

Well obviously the Russians are going to want something in return for helping their Putin puppet win the election. There is now a second Russia dossier out there as well, saying that Trump was compromised on a 2013 visit to Russia. #ReleaseThePeePeeTape
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 06:06:49 PM »

*Smashing keyboard in frustration* "Why?!? Why won't he escalate tensions with a nuclear superpower!!!"

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 06:55:57 PM »

*Smashing keyboard in frustration* "Why?!? Why won't he escalate tensions with a nuclear superpower!!!"

Don't worry! It's just that sanctions were too reasonable, measured, and sane for Kim Jong Trump. So instead, he's going to play blindfolded nuclear chicken roulette in Syria. It's much more aggressively stupid Trumpier.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 10:50:38 PM »

Serious question: has the US done anything negative toward Russia since Trump took office?

So far Trump's administration's policy toward Russia is even more aggressive than Obama's. Maybe Trump likes Russia, but his officials definetely not.

Wut?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 12:18:21 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2018, 12:20:34 AM by Delegate The Saint »

Serious question: has the US done anything negative toward Russia since Trump took office?

In all fairness, he did sign sanctions in back in August: https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/02/politics/donald-trump-russia-sanctions-bill/index.html

It is curious, though, why he didn't sign these if he signed those.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 12:25:53 AM »

In all fairness, he did sign sanctions in back in August: https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/02/politics/donald-trump-russia-sanctions-bill/index.html

These are the SAME SANCTIONS.

He SIGNED them.

Now he's chosen not to implement them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 12:35:47 AM »

This administration is going to wind up being a stain in our history. The damage he’s done (and will do) will be hard to recover from.  The respect we’ve lost worldwide will likely stay lost.

Don't worry, GWBFan, the 43rd President already lost the respect of the world.

Obama made up for much of the damage. This time though it may be even worse than ever before.

Also, I joined this forum in 2003 as a stupid 20 year old who didn’t know much about the world yet. I have since changed in many ways. One way is my politics. This tends to happen with young people as they age and gain knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I cannot change Past Me. Fortunately, I was (and still am) able to admit my mistakes and course correct. Bush was NOT a good president (but he was by far a better one than the moron we have now). I wonder, will you be able to admit your mistake of supporting Trump? Or will you double down in your blind support in the face of the truth about him and his policies?

LOL, I never supported Trump. Obviously he's a dumbass for signing these sanctions into law and then not implementing them.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 12:48:57 AM »

These are the SAME SANCTIONS.

He SIGNED them.

Now he's chosen not to implement them.

Ah.

Well that's even more stupid
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 12:17:10 PM »

A take on this critical of Trump, but adding some thoughts I had not researched. Consider the source, of course.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/foreign-policy/europe/russia/hysteria-and-incompetence-russia-sanctions/
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 02:13:10 PM »

A take on this critical of Trump, but adding some thoughts I had not researched. Consider the source, of course.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/foreign-policy/europe/russia/hysteria-and-incompetence-russia-sanctions/

It's a good article, though they present "the list" in a positive light for Trump's administration when broader consensus seems to be that it's a joke created by interns from Forbes articles. I'm also wondering about their uncritical acceptance of the State depts' report that Russian arms sales are down by billions. I know the Russians have recently concluded a number of high profile sales with traditional US allies like Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Are they overstating the impact of other items listed? I don't know.

In any case, the piece's spin seems to be at best that Trump's administration is being tough on Russia behind their boss' back.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 04:04:12 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/01/kremlin-report-sanctions-policy/551921/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why is this administration going so far out of its way to protect Russia? Roll Eyes
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 04:17:36 PM »

It's a good article, though they present "the list" in a positive light for Trump's administration when broader consensus seems to be that it's a joke created by interns from Forbes articles. I'm also wondering about their uncritical acceptance of the State depts' report that Russian arms sales are down by billions. I know the Russians have recently concluded a number of high profile sales with traditional US allies like Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Are they overstating the impact of other items listed? I don't know.

In any case, the piece's spin seems to be at best that Trump's administration is being tough on Russia behind their boss' back.

Noah Rothman is a conservative, but he is no Trump toady. I think his assessment of Trump’s flaws here are fair, for the most part.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 07:58:00 PM »

Lol at the maroon avatar Putin fanbois in this thread.

He's not going to achieve your dream of bringing back the USSR, kids. He's a right wing strongman dictator.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2018, 12:32:33 AM »

He's not going to achieve your dream of bringing back the USSR, kids. He's a right wing strongman dictator.

Tell that to the liberal baby boomers screaming on Twitter that Trump is a communist because he's friends with Putin.
Joey1996

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2018, 01:27:36 AM »

Why are you going on about?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2018, 03:54:48 AM »

Agreed. That also explains Trump's obscure obsession with him.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2018, 08:42:40 AM »

Tell that to the liberal baby boomers screaming on Twitter that Trump is a communist because he's friends with Putin.

the fact that people on the other side don't know what they're talking about doesn't mean you don't know what you're talking about too
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies