Will Sanders stay in the race until June even if he wins no states (except VT)?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 07:28:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Sanders stay in the race until June even if he wins no states (except VT)?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will Sanders stay in the race until June even if he wins no states (except VT)?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Will Sanders stay in the race until June even if he wins no states (except VT)?  (Read 1522 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »

If he doesn't win New Hampshire he'll drop out soon afterward.
I support Sanders
Bernie2016

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 04:33:51 PM »

If he only wins Vermont and/or New Hampshire, he will be reasonable and suspend his campaign around April-May. If he does this, it will be interesting where his supporters go, especially since I don't believe Bernie will endorse Hillary. Hillary cannot win without Bernie's base, and I suspect a large number of us will defect to third parties, or even a decent Republican candidate like John Kasich, if only to send a message to the DNC that it is unacceptable for them to keep fielding us corporatist Democrats.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 04:45:33 PM »

If he only wins Vermont and/or New Hampshire, he will be reasonable and suspend his campaign around April-May. If he does this, it will be interesting where his supporters go, especially since I don't believe Bernie will endorse Hillary. Hillary cannot win without Bernie's base, and I suspect a large number of us will defect to third parties, or even a decent Republican candidate like John Kasich, if only to send a message to the DNC that it is unacceptable for them to keep fielding us corporatist Democrats.

Someone should just re-post this piece of lunacy every time someone starts a Sanders thread.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 04:51:52 PM »

Absolutely not.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 04:53:12 PM »

No, he's running to win, not to be some hopeless loser.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 04:57:50 PM »

Some people support Sanders because of his Iraq war vote (and some of the Republican candidates were against Iraq from the get go as well)

Clinton, although she finally admitted her vote was a mistake, took a long while to come to this realization (just like many Democrats finally came around on SSM). So was the war a mistake or not? Seems like an important question, does it not?

For those supporting Sanders for this reason alone, how does that justify calling them nuts or some other ad hominem?
Most Democrats admit that Iraq was a mistake. Many Republicans do as well. "I didn't know any better" is a lame lame excuse for causing the deaths of thousands of innocent people.

Those who voted for Iraq failed to learn the lesson of Vietnam. To give the CIC a blank check to do whatever he pleased, especially the stupidest CIC that this country has ever had seems like something only a delusional child will do.
Sanders chances are slim right now, true, and I am not even supporting him yet, since by the time the PA primary comes around the hand writing may already be on the wall.
But his chances are irrelevant until the fat lady sings. There is no reason not to vote for him if he is your choice, regardless of how far ahead Clinton is. To vote for Clinton simply because she has a decent lead in the polls would be stupid if that is the only reason.

To say that supporting Sanders is stupid is to imply that you only have one choice: Clinton. That's not a choice BY DEFINITION. A choice is a choice between two or more is a choice.
A choice of only one is logically insane.

It's not just her Iraq war vote.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/30/1442802/-Make-no-mistake-A-vote-for-Hillary-is-a-vote-for-war
Zache

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 05:03:35 PM »

He's endorsed every Democratic candidate since who, Mondale? And I'm pretty sure Clinton has always been the general Bernie voter's second choice in the polls, even with Biden, the three stooges, and other/no one as options.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies