SC: Southern Task Force to Combat Human Trafficking Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:39:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SC: Southern Task Force to Combat Human Trafficking Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC: Southern Task Force to Combat Human Trafficking Act (Statute)  (Read 583 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« on: July 05, 2016, 10:31:11 PM »

I support the bill in principle, but I'd just like to discuss the financial aspects of the bill. What is the estimated economic impact of the tax refund, and are the expenses in Section 4 one-time expenses or annual expenses?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »

Section 5 is what's keeping me on the fence at this point. I would prefer a "tough on crime" approach and introduce possible criminal charges against businesses who knowingly conduct business with entities that engage in or abet human trafficking or fail to report witnessed acts of human trafficking. Is there any example of an existing program where a modest tax rebate results in positive reinforcement of the desired voluntary behavior?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 02:33:06 PM »

You cannot block voting on the bills of others while calling votes on your own. Follow proper parliamentary procedure.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 03:02:19 PM »

First of all, you blocked me even calling the question. Nobody is disputing your right to call the question, but you cannot get a vote on your own. Nobody even seconded your motion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies