Would Libertarians have supported the North or South during the Civil War? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:12:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would Libertarians have supported the North or South during the Civil War? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would Libertarians have supported the North or South during the Civil War?
North

South

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Would Libertarians have supported the North or South during the Civil War?  (Read 3293 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: May 22, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »

Libetarianism is generally about maximizing the freedom of white men at the expense of everyone else, so the South.

LOL, you're quickly rising up the Democratic hack rankings, dude.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:45:07 AM »

Right-libertarians' most cherished belief is the sanctity of property rights. It's pretty easy to make a logical (if morally twisted) right-libertarian argument against abolitionism.
Not if that property is people.  Slavery is the antithesis of libertarianism.

Yes, I said morally twisted. I'm not alleging that all (or even most) libertarians are racist, but I can easily conjure up a right-libertararian who would be appalled at slaveowmers forced to give up their 'rightful property' because of a government regulation. To a racist who believes other races are 'below' them, an abolitionist coming to power would be the equivalent of a PETA goon coming to power and ordering farmers to release their cattle, chicken and pigs.

I mean, the vast majority of abolitionists believed Blacks to be an inferior race, of course,  too...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies