The Book "Shattered" - Inside stories of Hillary's campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:51:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Book "Shattered" - Inside stories of Hillary's campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Book "Shattered" - Inside stories of Hillary's campaign  (Read 4280 times)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« on: April 21, 2017, 08:27:00 PM »

Holy S***

But yeah, tell me again that Hillary Clinton was not an incompetent candidate.  /s
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:03:22 PM »

Holy S***

But yeah, tell me again that Hillary Clinton was not an incompetent candidate.  /s

She really was the snowflake candidate. Bernie didn't go much after he because he was worried she'd be too damaged in the general election. The convention was set up to allow no criticism of her (compare to Cruz being allowed to speak at the RNC despite not endorsing). They knew she was a weak candidate, but didn't want to end up on her enemies list to be defeated, so they all went with her anyways.

That's what really bugged me about the Clinton worship. Yes, I do agree that she would have been treated a bit differently if she were a male candidate, but the fact of the matter is that she had a lot of serious flaws, and her campaign and its vocal percentage of supporters had a hubris that made it almost insufferable to me and other voters.

When you lose a campaign, you lose. Period. You don't go "awww she was a weak candidate but she tried her hardest darnit and if it weren't for [insert scapegoat here] she would have won."

I will nitpick about the Cruz thing, I don't believe the RNC knew ahead of time that Cruz was gonna do the "vote your conscience" moment, which is what made that speech so shocking.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:08:10 PM »

A few notes from her VP selection process.

- She wasn't too impressed with Warren, and Elizabeth Warren wasn't a popular figure around the Obama White House.

- Bill Clinton favored Tom Vilsack

- Tom Perez was unimpressive and "didn't make the cut."

- Her final shortlist was Kaine, Vilsack, Warren and Booker.

What exactly made Warren relatively unpopular in the Obama White House?
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 09:27:55 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was (and am) one of her most vocal supporters and wasn't hubristic. I never thought she would win.

True. I probably shouldn't generalize so hard but I guess a lot of Clinton supporters on the web put a bitter taste in my mouth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies