The Book "Shattered" - Inside stories of Hillary's campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:16:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Book "Shattered" - Inside stories of Hillary's campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Book "Shattered" - Inside stories of Hillary's campaign  (Read 4274 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: April 21, 2017, 07:11:48 AM »

This traced back to 2008, a failed run that the Clintons had concluded was due to the disloyalty and treachery of staff and other Democrats. After that race, Hillary had aides create "loyalty scores" (from one for most loyal, to seven for most treacherous) for members of Congress. Bill Clinton since 2008 had "campaigned against some of the sevens" to "help knock them out of office," apparently to purify the Dem ranks heading into 2016.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-on-the-new-book-that-brutalizes-the-clinton-campaign-w477978

And they accuse progressives of being purity trolls. The party is mostly Clinton loyalist hack neoliberal trash.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 08:42:55 PM »

Holy S***

But yeah, tell me again that Hillary Clinton was not an incompetent candidate.  /s

She really was the snowflake candidate. Bernie didn't go much after he because he was worried she'd be too damaged in the general election. The convention was set up to allow no criticism of her (compare to Cruz being allowed to speak at the RNC despite not endorsing). They knew she was a weak candidate, but didn't want to end up on her enemies list to be defeated, so they all went with her anyways.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:44:58 PM »

Holy S***

But yeah, tell me again that Hillary Clinton was not an incompetent candidate.  /s

She really was the snowflake candidate. Bernie didn't go much after he because he was worried she'd be too damaged in the general election. The convention was set up to allow no criticism of her (compare to Cruz being allowed to speak at the RNC despite not endorsing). They knew she was a weak candidate, but didn't want to end up on her enemies list to be defeated, so they all went with her anyways.

That's what really bugged me about the Clinton worship. Yes, I do agree that she would have been treated a bit differently if she were a male candidate, but the fact of the matter is that she had a lot of serious flaws, and her campaign and its vocal percentage of supporters had a hubris that made it almost insufferable to me and other voters.

When you lose a campaign, you lose. Period. You don't go "awww she was a weak candidate but she tried her hardest darnit and if it weren't for [insert scapegoat here] she would have won."

I will nitpick about the Cruz thing, I don't believe the RNC knew ahead of time that Cruz was gonna do the "vote your conscience" moment, which is what made that speech so shocking.

The DNC vetted everything ahead of time, and while he might not have known what Cruz would say, Trump knew he wasn't getting an endorsement from him at the RNC.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 11:47:25 PM »

In the book, the authors describe how the campaign ignored the advice of Clinton's husband, former President Bill Clinton, to reach out to communities that weren't already on board with Hillary Clinton's policies. "He thought, these eggheads don't really know politics. They don't understand persuasion," Allen said, adding that Bill Clinton wanted to go to suburban and rural areas where it was likely that Hillary Clinton wouldn't win the majority. "He knew there was some power just in showing up."

Allen said that in her 2008 presidential bid, Bill Clinton was blamed for asserting himself too much in the primary campaign's strategy and ultimately hurting her chances at the presidency and that this time around, he tried to stay behind the scenes "because he didn't want to be blamed for defeating his wife again."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/shattered-authors-bill-clinton-pushed-tone-hillarys-campaign/story?id=46974506

The Hillary campaign didn't want the votes from those who didn't support her. They decided to win without progressives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies