SENATE BILL: Prison Pregnancy Care and Anti-Shackling Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:27:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Prison Pregnancy Care and Anti-Shackling Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Prison Pregnancy Care and Anti-Shackling Act (Law'd)  (Read 729 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: May 17, 2014, 01:53:29 PM »

This bill is to make sure that mothers who are incarcerated for whatever reason and their children are treated with basic human rights and dignity during the pregnancy and birth process.  The practice of shackling or restraining women during delivery interferes with the birth process and causes greater difficulty in an experience that shouldn't be made any more difficult than it is.  We also need to make sure these women have their health needs met more generally, both for themselves and their babies. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 01:14:01 AM »

Does postpartum have a strict medical definition? It's not defined here, so I wonder if that means that any woman who has had a child at some point would qualify. Of course, that may not be the worst thing.

In any case, I support this.

Very well written bill, shua

Thanks! I had a little help from the good people of Massachusetts.

The postpartum period is usually considered to extend until anywhere from six weeks to three months, but postpartum depression can last beyond this time. There are medical indicators of the postpartum process but I don't know if there is a hard and fast definition. I suppose if there is a question on this it would be determined by a medical professional.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 04:36:46 PM »

AYE!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal