Sobriety (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:28:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Sobriety (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sobriety  (Read 2261 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 20, 2009, 05:23:42 PM »

Friends,

Some of you may have noticed some lack of activity from me lately, particularly those in the Senate or those who watch what goes on there.  I have decided to come clean and be honest with my problems here.  The truth is, I have a drinking problem, and I have finally hit the bottom I needed to hit to kick myself in the ass and do something about it.  I have been sober for two days now, and I plan to stay this way.

I have always had some issues with AA's methodology, but I am going to meeting anyways.  I'm also reading books on alternative philosophies for treating alcohol dependence.

Anyways, just want to let people know whats going on, and maybe get some supportive words of encouragement.  Smiley  Thanks.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:49:11 AM »

The biggest problem I'm having with this so far is insomnia.  I don't know how to get to sleep without being loaded.  I toss and turn, eventually I do get to sleep for a few hours, then I wake up and I'm up for the day.  Oh well.......
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 08:51:59 AM »

ONE YEAR LATER...

and I am still alcohol free!!!  Woot!  Cheesy

It's been an interesting year to say the least... I've been through home monitoring, treatment, jail, endless meetings, and probation.  I still don't have my driver license back, I'm hoping to get that in October and be "normal" again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies