Passing the buck 101
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:14:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Passing the buck 101
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Passing the buck 101  (Read 448 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:45:12 PM »

While the subject of the article is serious, I thought this one bit towards the end is a classic case of passing the buck.

It is also unknown how many people have tried to commit suicide with drugs bought online, as Nancy Fitzpatrick of Washington state tried to do earlier this year.

She showed CNN her prescription for Soma. The drugs were delivered by a pharmacy in American Fork, Utah, and prescribed by a doctor in Long Island, New York.

"I wanted to end it, I wanted to die," "Fitzpatrick said, describing how she swallowed about 130 pills after she fell into a deep depression.

Fitzpatrick, the sister of CNN investigative producer David Fitzpatrick, says she had no contact with the doctor or the pharmacy.

"They need to be stopped," Fitzpatrick said of the doctors and pharmacies involved. "It just boggles my mind that it's so simple."

Ok, so she went online, got a doctor to perscribe her the pills, attempted to overdose on said pills, then stand on a soap box that the practice needs to be stopped?  Lady, check yourself into the hospital and get your head examined.  You chose to get the drugs online and then attempted to OD.  That is your fault.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 03:06:38 PM »

Seriously why should everyone else suffer because this bitch used this route to try to commit suicide.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies