Most liberal state on social issues? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:47:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most liberal state on social issues? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most liberal state on social issues?  (Read 5077 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: January 16, 2017, 04:08:17 AM »

Top 10

1. Vermont
2. Washington
3. Oregon
4. New Hampshire
5. Hawaii
6. Illinois
7. Massachusetts
8. New Jersey
9. Minnesota
10. California

Ha at Oregon this is a state that voted to ban gay marriage, and is not that strict on guns(http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Oregon-Gun-Laws.htm)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 05:00:25 PM »

Top 10

1. Vermont
2. Washington
3. Oregon
4. New Hampshire
5. Hawaii
6. Illinois
7. Massachusetts
8. New Jersey
9. Minnesota
10. California

Ha at Oregon this is a state that voted to ban gay marriage, and is not that strict on guns(http://civilliberty.about.com/od/guncontrol/a/Oregon-Gun-Laws.htm)

2004 Roll Eyes

I said, I excluded guns on the measure of social liberalism, as it's a stupid measure of social liberalism any ways.

Oregon is one of the most socially liberal states in the country, in the country. Massachusetts has a strong socially conservative "underbelly", sometimes reflected in not reflected in state-wide policy, but in attitude, or person's/politicians ideology. It has gotten less these days, since when I was raised there, but it's still there.

Rhode Island, is much stronger in this regard, Massachusetts probably like this if it has lot less universities, and less middle but not upper-middle class liberal WASP's.

Oregon also rejected GMO labeling and by a 2-1 margin voted to reject giving driver licenses to illegal immigrants
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 07:13:22 PM »

Top 10

1. Vermont
2. Washington
3. Oregon
4. New Hampshire
5. Hawaii
6. Illinois
7. Massachusetts
8. New Jersey
9. Minnesota
10. California

2004 Roll Eyes

I said, I excluded guns on the measure of social liberalism, as it's a stupid measure of social liberalism any ways.

Oregon is one of the most socially liberal states in the country, in the country. Massachusetts has a strong socially conservative "underbelly", sometimes reflected in not reflected in state-wide policy, but in attitude, or person's/politicians ideology. It has gotten less these days, since when I was raised there, but it's still there.

Rhode Island, is much stronger in this regard, Massachusetts probably like this if it has lot less universities, and less middle but not upper-middle class liberal WASP's.

Oregon also rejected GMO labeling and by a 2-1 margin voted to reject giving driver licenses to illegal immigrants

And, is it fair to say that the SOS election going Republican was largely due to people not liking the previous Democratic SOS prosecuting Christian bakers over not baking a cake for a gay wedding?

yah that too. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies