Sabato Update: A Small Senate Battlefield (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:11:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sabato Update: A Small Senate Battlefield (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sabato Update: A Small Senate Battlefield  (Read 2542 times)
PAK Man

« on: July 24, 2015, 08:50:45 AM »

Not with Hilary, she is gonna cruise in IL. Why would voters reelect Kirk. He called his homestate prez bad in negotiations and want appeasement. Duckworth will win.

I'm not counting Kirk out just yet, even with the odds stacked against him. I grew up right on the border of the (old) 9th/10th Congressional Districts, and Kirk was somehow always able to pull off victories, even when he wasn't supposed to. He's well-liked, and in person he comes off as very friendly (I say this as someone who met him briefly back in 2003).

Obama easily won the 10th District in 2008 by 27 points, but Kirk won by 6 points, the same margin he won by in 2006.

I know people will argue that was a House district and it's different than running statewide, but Kirk isn't someone people should automatically assume will lose. Do I think he will lose? Yes, but it's not going to be a blowout.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies