PA-Sen (2016): Toomey up 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:37:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-Sen (2016): Toomey up 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Sen (2016): Toomey up 5  (Read 463 times)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2013, 10:00:47 PM »

One month old, but never got put here for some reason. Not sure where this goes, but I think this is the best place for it. Feel free to move if it's otherwise.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not much else to go on because this race is three years away (and since Sestak is better known to concentrate a blitz on the last leg of the election), but pretty much shows that Toomey's pulled himself out of whatever rut he was in that he'd be against Sestak. Being staunchly conservative can work in a blue state as long as you're willing to reach across the aisle, and he's now nationally known for that, However, if Sestak can get his name recognition up (58% of PA has forgotten about him) and hit him on his immigration reform vote, he can break that narrative and win.

I'd say it Tilts R, but he's still safer than Ayotte or even someone like Roy Blunt who isn't popular in his own state. It's mostly because of Sestak's general skill as a politician.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 10:13:15 PM »

It'll close, Sestak's only at 69% of Democrats. But I really wish he'd have gone for the Governorship.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 05:41:23 AM »

I was mixed on Toomey originally, if only because I thought Ridge would've been a better Senator, but Toomey has been a fairly good Senator, and probably deserves to be re-elected.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies