Rubio: As president, I wouldn't pursue a 2-state solution for Israel/Palestine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:25:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio: As president, I wouldn't pursue a 2-state solution for Israel/Palestine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rubio: As president, I wouldn't pursue a 2-state solution for Israel/Palestine  (Read 2872 times)
bobloblaw
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:55:38 AM »

I support a 2 state solution, but clearly now isnt the time. If an election were held today in West Bank, Hamas would win.
bobloblaw
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 02:51:53 PM »

I support a 2 state solution, but clearly now isnt the time. If an election were held today in West Bank, Hamas would win.

So what? If the people of the West Bank elected Hamas in a free, democratic election who are you to criticise that?

Fine, we dont have to deal with them then.
bobloblaw
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 02:53:50 PM »

Here's the thing.... The Palestinians don't want peace, nor do the Israelis, otherwise we would still be working on the Oslo Accords. A One-State solution is the best political move, however the Israelis need to give up their pipe dream of being a "Jewish State". It doesn't work now, and it won't work in the future.... They need to recognize that by disenfranchising minorities within Israel, they are giving terrorists in the West Bank and Gaza more ammunition.

As for the dynamics of a future Israeli State? I would annex the West Bank, and return Gaza to Egypt... and make the Mayor of Jerusalem appointed, and alternating between Muslims and Jews every four years.

No thank you Mr Genocide. There is no disenfranchisement of minorities within Israel.

Your utopian dream has allready been tried and failed in Lebanon between Christians and Muslims. If neither side wants peaces, as you say, the nhow would a One State Solution work?
bobloblaw
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 12:36:24 PM »

So what? If the people of the West Bank elected Hamas in a free, democratic election who are you to criticise that?

If the people of Afghanistan elect Al Qaeda in a free, democratic election, should the US have the right to "criticize that"?

Why do so many people fail to understand basic geopolitics? Al-Qaeda have no appeal to Afghan, being a small saudi lead terror cell.

The Taliban denounced Al-Qaeda after 9/11, and offered to put Bin Laden on trial

They refused to turn him over.
bobloblaw
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 12:38:39 PM »

Right. He didn't say "I'd work to make conditions favor a two state solution," he said, "The conditions don't exist and oh well." It's not even a position. It's an abdication of responsibility masquerading as a position.

Aside from Carter in 1977-78, every attempt at a large scale peace initative has failed. The American people are wiser than their leaders when it comes to the Middle East. There is something about America's elites that causes them to demand a Middle East peace solution. Where as the American people couldnt care less.
bobloblaw
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 12:56:22 PM »

Well it's a good thing our foreign policy isn't decided by a public referendum.

Buckley was correct. We would be better off governed by the first 250 people in the phone book, than by all the brains at the Kennedy School
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies