Pope blames 'terrifying' sex abuse on Catholic Church (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:48:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Pope blames 'terrifying' sex abuse on Catholic Church (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pope blames 'terrifying' sex abuse on Catholic Church  (Read 3546 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: May 23, 2010, 12:34:43 PM »

Point being that just because something has never been perfect doesn't mean you shouldn't try to clean things up. Especially when it comes to molesting children.

Interesting term.  The question I have is - Clean up what?  All the bad press........or find the reason for the problem and have real change?

I'm not sure of the true answer....motivations are tough to decipher sometimes.

(Oh, and please no Catholic bashing comments - Mrs. & Daughter M are Catholic as is most of my family.......the problem is not limited to the Catholic Church.)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 08:01:20 AM »

Point being that just because something has never been perfect doesn't mean you shouldn't try to clean things up. Especially when it comes to molesting children.

Interesting term.  The question I have is - Clean up what?  All the bad press........or find the reason for the problem and have real change?

I'm not sure of the true answer....motivations are tough to decipher sometimes.

(Oh, and please no Catholic bashing comments - Mrs. & Daughter M are Catholic as is most of my family.......the problem is not limited to the Catholic Church.)

I have nothing against Catholics in fact I was baptized Catholic. I meant clean things up as far as finding out what the issue of molesting children is and clean up the church.

I'm not convinced that's what they want to clean up, Derek.  You may be right.  That's just my guess.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies